On the surface it looks as if some young people don't relate to adults in their own lives except in a more authoritarian role.

I'm like Dotsie, I don't read too much into other people's responses, until it becomes overt -- touching, prolonged looking, certain body movements.

Some people who love long intellectual discussions, could even see this alone as a form of flirting...with the minds.

As a woman, I'm pretty straight....I don't naturally engage in fun, non-sexual flirting....it's just not my personality. I've had men at work at different workplaces try to engage me in non-sexaul flirting...and I just look at them and look away because I don't know what to do and never expected it...there is still abit of geeky, high school teenager in me.

If I sound like a 16 yrs. old...too bad. I reserve my flirting for my bearded honeybun at home.

REally I'm dull..but it doesn't mean I need to look dull. It is possible even for the woman who does wear a strapless black dress not to flirt and wear that also.

Would I appreciate if another woman flirted non-sexually with my partner? I would lose respect for that woman abit. What would be the point? All the women I've known in a close way and who have remained married, have great husbands. They would be men that many forum members here would want as husbands. But not interested in flirting with them.

I was raised in a family where to see my parents even remotely touch hands .....was a big event. We, their children, never saw them kiss.

I blend in very well in strict religious groups where men and women are more formal with one another...I'm not kiddin'.