Oh no, Orchid,I am not overstating the Asian beauty factor! No one, in my own opinion, can wear jewerly as well as an Asian woman! It looks magnificent and you must know that as you described, (and thank you for the visual,) some of your jewelry! Natural Asian beauty is something I appreciate and not just because I have a close friend who is Asian, but because it has been established long ago: I have excellent taste!

Your need for blush, Orchid, the wonderful Asian, is there. If you use it ever so lightly on the apples of your cheeks to your hairline, moving up, (lightly, again,) you will accent that natural beauty with no work.

I know you have experienced racism and those who cannot appreciate your beauty. I have as well. I look like an Italian American woman and although I came from a wealthy family, my boyfriends who were "white," worried when I met their parents. I also, like you, did not blend in. I know what it's like to hate your features because they are not Anglo. I'm past all that as you are and I love myself for who I am and in fact, celebrate my heritage.

Do you know, Orchid, that MY race is the race it is STILL alright to insult, sterotype and make jokes about? From the Supranos to the pizza man, we are teased, people use a bronx accent and pretend they are Italian when they are joking. I endured and endure much racism towards me.

It did not affect my career, as am artist, it probably helped me. I did well in Europe, etc because of my race.

Anyway, back to beauty. Yours is special and I'm sure you know how to choose jewelry that becomes you. I admire the ability you have to wear jewerly.

dancer9

"Question your privilege"