You said it Mrs Maddness. After reading the post and response, I was beginning to think I live on another planet. The showers I've been to are cake, fingers foods, sometimes elaborate foods, sometimes just the bare minimium, but always in good taste. And gifts. Some play games if its a small group, but larger ones usually don't.

NO STRIPPERS or anything inappropriate. Now before anybody jumps all over me and ask me who made me judge and jury of what's appropriate and what isn't....I'm just stating that the inappropriateness of male strippers at a shower is just ME...ME PERSONALLY. k? No hate mail, please.

Why would somebody have to wait until right before they got married to see male strippers? Can't they do that anytime?

And I always cringe when I see a beautiful bridge who has spent all of Momma and Daddy's hard earned money on the nails, the makeup and the hair, not to mention the dress, the food, church, country club, etc....and see her get cake smeared in her face. It loses something, if you ask me.

AGAIN...............JUST MY OPINION.