Hi Ladies,

I went away to spend some time with a friend of mine that is dying from cancer of the bile duct. While there, we just spent the time together talking, reminescing(SP), and basically enjoyed the time together.

It would have been a big hindrance in this final time together with her for me to ask the question. Are you sure you know Jesus and have Him in your Heart? No way, I want my friend to go in peace. We've discussed The Bible, the spiritual, and Christ in the past. The Holy Spirit is powerful enough, He doesn't need me .

I can go on and on, but the bottom line is this, God and God alone knows what we are thinking and feeling. I believe in planting seeds and letting the Holy Spirit do the growing, not bombarding someone to believe the way I do.

I can try to go on with someone that doesn't necessarily agree with me and use every scare tactic that I can come up with. What will that accomplish? That person can tell me that she believes as I do, just to get me off her back. In the meantime, whatever peace she has had is exhausted, leaving room for bitterness and resentment. No, this doesn't accomplish anything at all.

I can elaborate more of what I said in my earlier post, but I am going to need some time. I still believe that everyone goes to God after they die. I still stick by:

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Bottom line, God is fair. And I believe that after the resurrection there will be a judgement and this word does not necessarily mean condemnation, this word judgement also means rewards. God is fair!

quote:
That depth of Love is the Good News. That compassionate God with dirt underneath His fingernails is the Good News. That Healing Love that shows Itself in a multitude of creative impossible-to-resist loving ways is the Good News
Well said.

Cathi