This goes along with something I experienced last week. One of the guys who works for my husband and is also my close friend, introduced me to his long time girlfriend who is in her late 40's. I could NOT get the woman to talk to me and I can talk to a stop sign. I would get a nod of her head in either yes or no. I finally gave up.

On the drive home, I was angry. There is something that goes beyond being shy or quiet and I think it's someone being so involved with themselves and what others think that it becomes selfish. Like the world revolves on what others think of them. I don't understand how you can reach that age and act that way.

I digress. If we could really see ourselves as others saw us I believe the low self-esteem issues would go away. We can be our own worst enemies. I had a friend who was the perfect wife, hostess and mother. To be invited to her home for dinner was a great experienced. I was talking to her on the phone one day and told her I'd like to be more like her and she started crying. She told me she would give anything to be like me. So, we view ourselves with a negative eye many times.

Boomer Queen of Shoes