Celtic, I appreciate your perspective regarding the community of people you come into contact with. I know that surrender to Christ doesn't necessarily mean you will never get depressed or suicidal. I don't know of many people who if asked, wouldn't admit to having those thoughts at some point in their lives.

"The rain falls on the just and the unjust alike." Its all part of this boot camp we call life. But Christ has the power to change from the inside out, a complete renewal of the mind and body and restoration to completeness.

Regarding those who have suffered at the hands of the clergy and teachers and others in authority: Satan can and most always does pose as an angel of light and he hates innocence. What better platform to drive people from faith in Christ than to use the very representatives of faith ie: ministers and priests?

The Bible states that "...it would be better for them (the ones through which harm comes) that a millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the deepest sea."

Because there has been suffering in the world and at the hands of those who were in a position of trust, that doesn't give anyone the right to then throw those who are drowning a bowling ball and call it a flotation device.

That's destructive false hope. That's implying that our human abilities and level of education is far superior to the ability of their very Creator to heal them, forgive them and restore them to a sound mind and soul.

If I were in the position of healer or helper or guide to someone who was suicidal or desperately holding on to life, I would be so very careful that I was a conduit for truth rather than a container of falsehood. Otherwise, I would be libel on the last day for those I've filled with false hope and falsehood.

Jesus Crucifiction was necessary for the forgiveness of our sins. In the Old Testament, which is used by the Jewish faith, the priests had to follow strict rituals in the sacrifice of perfect blemishless lambs as offerings for the sins of the people because God is Holy and perfect. Sin can't be where God is.

Because God loved us so much, he gave His only son to be born a human, experience all that was human, live among us, and then suffer and die for us as the final sacrificial lamb. Now no more blood sacrifices will ever be necessary again. We can come boldly before the throne of God and make our requests just like a favorite child.

Its no more complicated than that. I'm overjoyed at the wonder of the promises of God and the love extended to us through Christ.

Its not enough to live a good life. Even if we gave our bodies to be burned but lacked the love of Christ Jesus, it would be for nothing. Its not good works that get you into eternity with God. Its the acceptance of the precious sacrifice Christ made for each of us and a release of our own will to His.