They perish because they refused to love the truth. (2 Thessalonians 2:10)

See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ. [Colossians 2:8]

Question: Can there be only one truth?
We hear the term "my truth", when in an argument, stemming from the "takes" of one or the other. So, the answer could be "yes." But, as for a universal truth, I think there can only be one. That doesn't that what each of us has learned in regards to the one truth is the truth. There is so much to be learned recarding the truth, but the truth is so simple.

I believe unless you search for the truth with good search tools and a truth focused mental attitude, you won't be able to discern truth from "feel good." It's not hard to be drawn into a "self" centered philosopical place and end up in fairy tale land, (to use another's term). We have to be careful not to adopt spiritual imitations of the real truth. Remember the "Burger King - have it your way" and "cafeteria style" references - can't do that when it comes to the truth.

How do we come to the truth?
"If you hold to my teaching.... Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." [John 8:31-32]

Aren't we lucky that we are given choice -> a powerful (potentially self-condemning) gift.

Question : What do you think about God knowing who will choose and who will not?

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will... (Ephesians 1:11)