I can't believe your daughter's friend wanted her to pick her up. That's not her responsibility. Where are her parents? Why can't they take her to school?

So far, my kids have lucked out with roommates. Our oldest son had the best roommate his freshman year. Even though his roommate transferred to another college, they have remained very good friends. They visit one another on breaks and in the summer. His second, third and this year he has lived with friends from the club baseball team so he has been blessed all around when it comes to roommates.

Our daughter has a roommate and a suitemate. Each suite has a room for two and a room for one. I am so glad my daughter didn't get the single. She is closer with her roommate, but they do include their suitemate in everything they do. So far, no major upsets.

Our youngest son is living with another freshman who is in a totally different major so they rarely see one another. They get along but have different sets of friends.

I still can't believe all three are in college. Wahhh...