Birth of Second Grandson

Posted by: Lola

Birth of Second Grandson - 11/01/06 01:27 AM

Sharing with all of you my joy and blessing on the birth of my second grandson last Sunday at 3:00 A.M. His name is Matthew James. My granddaughter upon hearing that she has a baby brother exclaimed: "Boy, again?" And that is how she (who is 2) and her older brother (who is 6) have been fondly calling him since the baby came home...Again. My daughter is fine and had a very uncomplicated pregnancy and childbirth. My son-in-law is over the moon. My older grandchildren are ecstatic over the new addition to their family. My heart bursts with love. I am grateful to have been blessed once again with a grandchild. God is good.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Birth of Second Grandson - 11/01/06 02:55 AM

Congratulations Grandma! How wonderful to experience that miracle again and again. All the best to your family and the precious addition.
Posted by: Pam R.

Re: Birth of Second Grandson - 11/01/06 10:23 AM

Much happiness to you and your family Lola. With the holidays coming, babies just seem to make them more joyous! Yes, God is good.
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Birth of Second Grandson - 11/01/06 10:40 AM

Big grandma (((HUGS))) to you, dear Lola!! What a blessing and a beautiful name for him. I have a Matthew and a James!
He has a wonderful grandma and great saints watching over him.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Birth of Second Grandson - 11/02/06 07:06 AM

Lola,you are so wise to see God's grace in the midst of your growing family. With your outlook, you will always be blessed. Congrats. Sounds like your daughter has a ovely family. I love the name Matthew. We also have a Matthew. The name means a gift from God!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Birth of Second Grandson - 11/02/06 09:50 AM

Lola,
You're talking to the Queen of GrandmotherHOOD. I just loved reading your description of the new addition, Matthew James. How wonderful for you all. God has truly blessed you and will continue to do so, I'm sure.

CONGRATS!

Re: Birth of Second Grandson - 11/03/06 04:49 AM

Many thanks, Y'all. What a swell thing that is to share names with your love ones, Jackie and Dotsie. My grandson is a seventh generation Matthew from his Dad's side of the family. It is also the first name of his older brother and his Dad and so on and so forth. Second names in the family are after the Apostles. The girls are always given the first two names as Mary Margaret and likewise, there are seven generations of Mary Margarets in that family!

Matthew James is quite a different baby from the older two, I have been told. He sleeps through the night!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Birth of Second Grandson - 11/03/06 08:26 AM

My Dad's name is James...and my youngest son, the one I call THE SON in all my writing, is named JAMES. You KNOW I love it! And my nephew is Matthew. This child of yours is special. I think I will adopt him from afar...at least in my heart. Sokay by you?

Re: Birth of Second Grandson - 11/03/06 09:44 AM

Hi, JJ: Well, my goodness!!! Is'nt that something? So fine by me, JJ. So very fine.