Ex-Wives Club

Posted by: Anonymous

Ex-Wives Club - 06/19/07 01:25 AM

Gals, have ya'll seen? It's cute, yet don't like the revenge part, tho. I mean, I'm divorced and don't deny the vengeful thoughts/feelings, yet I'd Never throw a classic car out of an airplane nor blow up a boat! I might drive off and never return, vrooom. I mean, by hurting the ex's prized possession may be all powerful, I'd rather sell it and have the money for myself or a charity, than destroy a perfectly car, boat, etc. Also, this distruction is pollution, let's not hurt Mother Earth!
Posted by: orchid

Re: Ex-Wives Club - 06/19/07 04:43 AM

Was that the one with Goldie Hawn, Bette Midler, etc.? I saw parts of that one.

Revenge is an energy-waster. Life is short so better to take the more peaceful, better horizons path elsewhere.
Posted by: Saundra

Re: Ex-Wives Club - 06/19/07 12:12 PM

The Ex-Wives Club movie didn't have destruction. They took money (lots of it) from their ex-husbands to open and run a clinic for women who suffered from depression to honor their friend who committed suicide. It's a revenge-comedy with a happy ending, even for one of the ex-husbands.

It's a great book and a good movie.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Ex-Wives Club - 06/19/07 08:34 PM

I am so behind with my movie watching, but love hearing all of you talk about them.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Ex-Wives Club - 06/19/07 09:49 PM

I LOVED this movie. I thought it was darling and so funny. Just loved it!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Ex-Wives Club - 06/21/07 01:56 AM

I loved the movie and watch it each time it is on TV. I have always loved Goldie Hawn and Bette Midler anyway.
Posted by: katebcca

Re: Ex-Wives Club - 06/28/07 04:11 AM

I think she's talking about the new TV show "Ex Wives Club" Two people each week meet up with Stalones ex, Federline and Trumps ex, Marla Maples. In the show these regular people tell their story of betrayal.

They tell how their marriage ended and the ladies put them through some workshops to get them back on their feet.
Part of the show includes saying good bye to the past and on one episode a womans ex's car was dropped out of an airplane to crash below, the revenge part.

I heard them interviewed on Larry King and that part wasn't real. It was just for TV shock value and was just a car that looked like her husbands. (she said he loved the car more than her)

I think the show is good as they help hurt people usually left by their spouse, often for another. The positive aspect of it is good but the revenge part is counter productive in my view.

The best revenge is personal success, letting go and moving on.
Kate
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Ex-Wives Club - 06/28/07 03:06 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....I'm laughing out loud here because I bet she had a hard time figuring out our responses. HA!

This is funny because I just happen to surf by this show JUST THIS WEEK. I really liked it. And it was after a discussion about reality shows and how much I DISLIKE them. But quite honestly, I thought this show had promise. Did you watch it? The young man they had on there was so kind and such a gentle soul. I could have thrown up when he gave the apartment to that ex! Holy crap!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Ex-Wives Club - 06/28/07 11:01 PM

Oh for goodness sake, finally got this one straight. I unfortunately saw just the tail end of the show and it was a gas. I will put it on my scheduloed shows to watch. So sorry Mustang, I totally misunderstood your question.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Ex-Wives Club - 07/03/07 02:15 AM

OK gals, I'll try to catch the next episode . . . you silly gals!
Posted by: jabber

TV show...? Re: Ex-Wives Club - 07/11/07 01:26 PM

Mustang,
I never saw the TV show but I saw the movie with Bette Midler and Golder Hawn. I'm a huge fan of both those ladies!
I'll look for the TV version. It sounds cools.
Ciao for now,
bonnierose

I know all about ex-husbands, their girlfriends, and years of unfaithfulness.