Eyelash Extensions

Posted by: Dianne

Eyelash Extensions - 06/15/06 11:16 PM

If you know me, you gotta know if there is something new out there, I'm gonna try it.

So it was with the new craze, eyelash extensions. It takes three hours for them to take the little things and glue them onto your individual eyelashes. You have to use a certain mascara and cleanser and are told to not sleep on your face.

Well, I tried. But, I'm all over the bed at night and the right eye took the most abuse and the extensions were going every which way in the morning. They did look nice tho.

So, I decided I like what God gave me better. I don't have short, stubby eyelashes to begin with. I've been trying to gently remove them and the end result is: I've pulled out a lot of my eyelashes in the process. Now I really do have short, missing and stubby eyelashes. [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Eyelash Extensions - 07/07/06 07:23 PM

I have very long lashes but they are also very blonde so I wear mascara when I want to be dramatic...LOL
How in the heck does anyone not sleep on their face? Maybe if we were bats that hung from the rafters upside down, you think????
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Eyelash Extensions - 07/09/06 04:02 PM

Dianne, don't touch those things. You'll end up with no eyelashes before you know it. Contact Danita. Arbonne has this great mascara. One end is this white goo that you comb on first. Then you add the mascara that is in the other end of the wand. I use the mascara all the time. I only use the other end when I want to be dramatic like my friend chatty!

Re: Eyelash Extensions - 07/09/06 06:55 PM

I'm off all mascara for now, allowing these poor babies to heal and grow out and they are...slowly.

Re: Eyelash Extensions - 07/10/06 01:45 PM

Okay, just be sure you check with Danita when you are ready to start dressing them again.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Eyelash Extensions - 07/10/06 02:59 PM

My mother cut her's with scissors when she was a teen...they never grew back. She just had these little stubbles for eyelashes. JJ
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Eyelash Extensions - 07/11/06 12:39 AM

I don't fool with things that have to do with hair after that episode with the lip and the Hair Off Uh, uh. Besides, it's hard enough dealing with getting rid of unwanted hair. I can't contend with adding any.

One time I decided to try fake nails. I didn't realize that stuff you stuck 'em on with was super glue. Glued two fingers together. It took years to get them apart !
Louisa

Re: Eyelash Extensions - 07/11/06 05:44 PM

I got acrylic nails once and this was when I owned a DQ. I was scooping hard ice cream for a cone and one of them flew off into the ice cream. Not good.

After my daughter went to Joe Blascoe make up school, she was trying new things on her sister and put false eyelashes on her. She glued her eyelids shut!

Re: Eyelash Extensions - 07/12/06 02:17 AM

Oh my the price and pain of beauty, lol.

Re: Eyelash Extensions - 07/12/06 02:17 PM

I always told my doctor that my driver, Mr. Vanity, brought me to his office.

Re: Eyelash Extensions - 07/12/06 08:56 PM

Louisa, I'm laughing at your post. And Georgia, why did your mom cut her eyelasses? I remember a gal who shaved almost all of her eyebrows off. The poor thing. She looked ridiculous. Dianne, your post is funny too. My husband is an eye doctor and that's one call he hasn't gotten. I'm actually surprised. I thikn that would happen more often.
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Eyelash Extensions - 07/12/06 09:23 PM

I may have exaggerated a bit. It probably wasn't years, but I did have to sit with my fingers in a glass of nail polish remover with acetone for a couple of hours to get them unstuck. My neighbor and best friend said it was that or the emergency room.
Louisa

Re: Eyelash Extensions - 07/13/06 12:26 AM

That crazy glue is some dangerous stuff...