newspaper articles

Posted by: meredithbead

newspaper articles - 07/16/06 07:03 AM

In April I was the subject of two newspaper articles for National Poetry Month, one in the local weekly (Placentia News-Times) and the other in Orange County Register, the major daily paper. The News-times article is about 4x as long and includes poetry, but it isn't online. http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/news/local/article_1095950.php

I had sent the link to those of you on my email list, but have been meaning to come in here and tell the rest of ya's. Or maybe I did and am flaking and can't remember.

Anyhoo, I displayed both the articles on moss green 18x24 poster board -- green is my Mom's favorite color -- laminated it and then mounted it on foam core. I gave it to her for her surprise 80th birthday (more on that in another topic!)

All of my friends and family were really excited about the articles, and the Library was pretty impressed too.

And BTW, I just started my 4th one-year term as Poet Laureate. I temporarily took the link to the website off my signature because it's under construction.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: newspaper articles - 07/16/06 01:17 PM

What a great gift for your Mother! Did she have tears when she saw it? I would have. You have more talent in your little finger than I have in my entire body...and honey, that's a lot of talent.

For any who don't know, in addition to being a Poet Laureate, the Divine Ms M also makes jewelry. It's beautiful and I've purchased some from her on several occasions. Here's the thing, it never ceases to amaze me how pretty everything is when it arrives. The pictures are great, but doesn't do the jewelry justice. Meredith will tell you that it's prettier in person. It is.

You go Ms M. I can't wait to read about your trip!

JJ
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: newspaper articles - 07/16/06 01:18 PM

Well...duh Queenie! Although I told you a while back, congrats on the articles!

JJ