Hello BoomerWomen! Just wanted to stop by and give an update on how things are going in the Singlehood Life of this BoomerWoman.

Well, recall the post I made on 'feelings of inadequacy' when I attended that networking function? Yeah? Well, that's a thing of the past! Since then, the CEO of that company and I have had a few casual, 'just friends,' dates.

We discussed the idea of a romantic relationship and decided that we'd take things slow. If it doesn't work out that we have 'that sorta' mutual interest, we'd still be friends. I like his style.

I'll have to admit though, being around him w/o the 'romantics' attached is sorta hard. They'd be for any woman. He's just awesome. Since then, I've started a new career/contract at his company. After spending a week there, that 'inadequate feeling' resurfaced. I wondered what type of woman could keep him interested. He's like a walking Britanica. I guess that's what a good CEO needs to be.

I was just thumbing through some displays at his office when I ran across Time Business Magazine featuring him. He is not a 'bragger/boaster' so I had no idea he is such an intricate part of this community and more. When I made it home that evening, I 'Googled' him and found even more.

After work yesterday we attended a family gathering/bbq at my sister's place. They all liked him and I together. Said that it's an excellent fit.

JJ, Smile, Chatty, Dotsie....you all were right. Just relax and let it happen. Even if this doesn't pan out into the 'happily ever after' scene any hot red blooded woman would want, I've learned a valuable lesson here. His confidence and interest in me has restored my faith and esteem...shown me that I really am worthy of the type of treatment...shown me that there are good men out here...not to settle. Just wait my turn!

Sugaree [Big Grin]

[ June 30, 2005, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Sugaree ]