Dog torture

Posted by: meredithbead

Dog torture - 04/23/08 01:58 PM

I know this is the forum for animal lovers. I may post this somewhere else as well.

I received this email today with pictures, and it tore my heart out. The pictures are frankly too horrible to post here but I'll email them to anyone who wants to pass them on to their mailing lists.

In 2007, the 'artist' Guillermo Vargas Habacuc, took a dog from the street, tied him to a rope in an art gallery, and starved him to death.

For several days, the 'artist' and the visitors of the exhibition have watched emotionless the shameful 'masterpiece' based on the dog's agony, until eventually he died.

But this is not all... the prestigious Visual Arts Biennial of the Central American decided that the 'installation' was actually art, so that Guillermo Vargas Habacuc has been invited to repeat his cruel action for the biennial of 2008.

PLEASE HELP STOP HIM.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ea6gk/petition.html

It's free of charge, there is no need to register, and it will only take 1 minute to save the life of an innocent creature.

It's too late to save this dog, but hopefully another poor animal will not be tortured in this way.

I'm an artist, and this is NOT art.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Dog torture - 04/23/08 02:07 PM

How sick is that! I signed.
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Dog torture - 04/23/08 03:59 PM

It made me cry and I'm soooo angry!! I signed!
Posted by: Saundra

Re: Dog torture - 04/23/08 04:51 PM

Disgusting. I signed. What is going on with people in our new world?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Dog torture - 04/23/08 06:25 PM

I can hardly stand to read this. My heart breaks. In heaven, angels are crying.

I signed and left a note.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Dog torture - 04/23/08 06:38 PM

Meredith God Bless you for posting this. I wasn't aware but alerted both PETA and the ASPCA immediately as well as signed the petition.
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Dog torture - 04/23/08 08:56 PM

You know that sickens me to hear this stuff .For anyone wanting to repeat such an act of curelity is very sick person themselves and really have not soul at all .

Thanks for posting Meredith

Renee
Posted by: Di

Re: Dog torture - 04/23/08 09:19 PM

I can't even stomach reading about it...SICKENING!!
Posted by: jabber

Re: Dog torture - 04/24/08 09:29 AM

Divine Ms. M,
I signed it. And I left a note, too. Some people are really, really sick in the head. That's not art! That's demented cruelty!!!! They say, "What goes around, comes around." Wonder how that artist would like to have people watch him starve?????
It's enough to make you lose breakfast, lunch and dinner for the rest of your life!!!!
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Dog torture - 04/24/08 02:18 PM

MB, How terrible for that to happen to any animal! The fact that people didn't respond to the dog's welfare is discusting and shows where our society has gone.

I signed the letter immediately after reading your article. Unimaginable!
Posted by: gims

Re: Dog torture - 04/24/08 10:43 PM

That is beyond horrible... they should do the same to him. Signed and passing it on.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Dog torture - 04/25/08 09:54 PM

Signed. Should tie the artist to a tree and let him die. Thats life imitating art.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Dog torture - 06/02/08 10:03 AM

Another thing that's sad is this: Today I heard, because of economic woes, some financially broke folks have to get rid of their pets! Now that's way too sad!!!!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Dog torture - 06/02/08 06:37 PM

In the past six months or so we have had an influx of animals brought to the Nevada SPCA and Humane Society from folks losing their homes, and in dire straits...That is so sad, these animals are in such distress, pineing for their familys and not understanding what they've done to be ostrasized.. Pets feel things so much deeper than we do but can't make themselves known as easily...