Favorite childhood cartoon

Posted by: Bluebird

Favorite childhood cartoon - 12/08/05 05:49 AM

I thought we needed a topic that wouldn't get too heated, so how about if we all tell what our favorite cartoon was as a kid?

The Flintstones!! I love the way they made household appliances out of animals, like the elephant vacuum cleaner.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Favorite childhood cartoon - 12/08/05 05:59 AM

The Flintstones and the Jetsons were both so inventive and ahead of their time. I hate to admit it but then and now I still like Charlie Brown and was shocked to hear this month is their 40th Anniversary and he looks so young, LOL [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: Favorite childhood cartoon - 12/08/05 06:02 AM

Great Idea Bluebird!!...I loved the Jetsons...I remember watching it and saying to my cousin...won't it be so cool when we can have those little jetpacks on our backs so we can fly everyplace...and now come to think of it...I could sure use a couple of those maid robots..I think it's name was Rosie...especially on those days when my arthritis is acting up...

Re: Favorite childhood cartoon - 12/08/05 06:10 AM

Oh how I would LOVE to have a Rosie!! and a flying car that folds up into a briefcase.

And Charlie Brown will never get "old" to me either. I still have the dialogue memorized from the Christmas special. I watched it with my kids a couple of nights ago...
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: Favorite childhood cartoon - 12/08/05 06:49 AM

Yogi Bear and his friend Boo-Boo. Always on the look-out for a pic-i-nic basket.
Can't remember the rangers name.
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Favorite childhood cartoon - 12/08/05 07:08 AM

Tweety and Sylvester. I loved that one.
Louisa
Posted by: Evie

Re: Favorite childhood cartoon - 12/08/05 07:34 AM

Flintstones and Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour!!!

"overture, hit the lights, this it it, our night of nights....hum, hum, hum, hum, hum....oh what heights we'll hit, on with the show this is it!!!!"

(can't remember all the words!)
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Favorite childhood cartoon - 12/08/05 07:39 AM

Porky Pig was cute too. I liked Bugs Bunny. Remember Mighty Mouse? Of course, my all time favorite was Mickey Mouse. Still love him.
Louisa

Re: Favorite childhood cartoon - 12/08/05 07:45 AM

Cool, Evie, I never thought to sing the theme song. That could actually be a whole other topic. We can each try to remember an entire theme song from a tv show...
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Favorite childhood cartoon - 12/08/05 05:46 PM

Tweety Bird! and of course, Pepé Le Pew

JJ
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Favorite childhood cartoon - 12/08/05 06:50 PM

I never watched cartoons. What's up with that? The only kid show I watched was Leave It To Beaver. I loved that show.

My husband watched The Three Stooges. They are on again on Sunday mornings. My husband and daughter watch them before church and her work. Now that is one nutty show.

Re: Favorite childhood cartoon - 12/09/05 08:23 AM

Ok Dotsie, now I'm getting worried...No Twinkies and no cartoons??? What kind of parents did you have? [Wink]
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Favorite childhood cartoon - 12/09/05 08:30 AM

Dotsie,
You ae not alone on that one about cartoons . I was not allowed to watch cartoons . Parents though they were stupid . I did watch leave it to beaver and father knows best and Howdy Doody show . Did not read the cartoon in the newspaper . I did watch the Mickey Mouse show when I came home from school

I love the old cartoons today . I would watch the road runner with my daughter and Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck .
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Favorite childhood cartoon - 12/09/05 03:47 AM

Nancy50,
I had totally forgotten about Father Knows Best, and Howdy Doody. I loved those! I don't think I ever missed an episode of FKBest. And of course the Mickey Mouse Club and THE BEAV... Sigh...what fun days!

JJ
Posted by: Di

Re: Favorite childhood cartoon - 12/09/05 04:02 AM

Beanie and Cecil

Flintstones

Osmond Brothers Cartoons

Casper

Rocky and Bullwinkle

etc, etc etc
Posted by: NHJackie

Re: Favorite childhood cartoon - 12/09/05 11:03 PM

I loved Howdy Doody, too. I think that's where some of us got our twinkie addiction from. And Wonder Bread, which I wouldn't have in my house now!

I wasn't a big cartoon watcher, but my brother who was 5 years younger, watched cartoons on Saturday morning and loved the Stooges. He grew up to become an atorney and successful, so I guess it didn't hurt! LOL