Corey Haims

Posted by: chatty lady

Corey Haims - 03/10/10 07:51 PM

Does anyone remember this talented, handsome, young man? He and Cory Feldman had a reality TV show awhile back and made many movies together years ago. He was called the Golden Boy back then. He was even then hooked on drugs.

He was found dead today in his home at the too young age of 38 from a drug overdose.

The hollywood crowd tried time and time again to give him breaks but even the TV show finally had to drop him as his demon drugs kept him down and in a terrible depression.
What a pitiful waste of this beautiful young mans life and talent!!!
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: Corey Haims - 03/10/10 09:01 PM

Very sad...I feel sorry for kids who grown up in show business.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Corey Haims - 03/11/10 07:16 AM

I feel sorry for those kids too. Too much, too soon, but what do you do when you have the talent/gift?
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Corey Haims - 03/11/10 07:14 PM

There are many, many people who grew up after being child stars, like Brooke Shields, Sarah Jessica Parker, Christopher Knight, Cory Feldman, too many to name and they grew up as normal functioning adults who even have children of their own. It might possibly be how their own parents handled them, their money and fame. More of them have survived and done well than become addicted and/or enslaved by drugs. I guess fame and fortune is like anything else, you must control them not allow them to control you.