views vs. posts

Posted by: Dotsie

views vs. posts - 11/19/06 10:38 PM

I don't know if any of you look at this, but I do and it always amazes me.

Click on the left side of the forum home page and you will see the most recent list of topics for each forum. While you are there, look at the number of views listed in comparison to the number of posts. You will be shocked.
Posted by: Anno

Re: views vs. posts - 11/19/06 10:46 PM

There are lots of people out there reading this great forum, Dotsie. Be proud!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: views vs. posts - 11/19/06 10:47 PM

I'm not shocked because in the early a.m. hours when I am at times the only person here posting, under 'whose on line' there will be me listed and as many as seven to nine "Anonymous," just reading. Right now Sunday 2:55 p.m., WHO'S ONLINE says, Dotsie, Chatty and Anno plus one anonymous...
Posted by: Saundra

Re: views vs. posts - 11/20/06 01:41 AM

Dotsie, that's one of the first things I noticed when I joined. It is amazing. How proud are you?
Posted by: Louisa

Re: views vs. posts - 11/20/06 02:55 AM

It's kind of spooky. It even tells you what you are doing or looking at. The forum has eyes everywhere.

Louisa
Posted by: diamond50

Re: views vs. posts - 11/20/06 03:39 AM

I'm glad that at least others are reading posts, as opposed to not
being here at all. Sometimes they are too tired to post, but not
too tired to read and absorb; or it could be for another understandable
reason.
Cindy
Posted by: Anno

Re: views vs. posts - 11/20/06 11:57 AM

I often read the posts and leave without posting. Sometimes I have nothing to add, sometimes I just want to catch up on what has been said, sometimes I need to think before I post. It makes perfect sense to me that there would be lots more views than posts.

I belong to another forum where I never post. I just want to read what others are thinking. It helps me grow and learn. I also feel a bit intimidated sometimes by other forums, and need to feel my way around for a while before I post.

Lots of reasons, but at least they are here.

Ann
Posted by: CrosstitchQueen

Re: views vs. posts - 11/20/06 12:37 PM

Lots of times I'll check the site first thing in the morning when I check my email and stuff, and I'll read several posts, but I don't always respond because I know if I do........I'll get involved and before I know it I'm late for my 9:00 a.m. gym class! Other days when my classes start later I have more time and I'll post in the mornings then sometimes. And sometimes.......even with my big mouth and fast-typing fingers......I just don't have anything to add, but I still like to read and see what's going on with others.
I belong to a couple of other forums and I think it's the same everywhere.......there are always more readers than posters, and probably as many reasons for that as there are readers.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: views vs. posts - 11/21/06 11:00 AM

What I've noticed is that fewer and fewer newbies are joining. I wonder why? I find it odd that many new members introduce themselves, but never come back. I know there is a lot of competition out there, but still.
Sites like eon are complicated and very slow. I don't have enough patience to understand the overview at very large sites. I think it's so special here because so many members keep coming back. I don't know if that is as common elsewhere.
I spend about half an hour a day here…sometimes a bit longer. I find I can scan over quickly and pick and choose where I want to comment without long downloads.
Yeah Dotsie! Here's a five!
Posted by: Louisa

Re: views vs. posts - 11/21/06 12:22 PM

I have recommended this site to several of my friends. Some are writers, some not. I know two have registered, never posted. Not sure why, except that one told me she hasn't got the time right now, but will shortly. They have all told me they found the registration process confusing. I didn't understand this, since so many women do get on this site. I actually helped one of them register and it confused me. It is different than when I registered. But, I was able to get her registered. Sometimes people register for sites and forget they did it. They mean to go back and don't.

Louisa

Re: views vs. posts - 11/21/06 01:14 PM

Louisa, hmmm, I'll have to check out the registering situation. Thanks for mentioning that.

There was a time when loads of woemn were joining. BWS was getting lots of media attention at the time. I'm in the process of having my media kit updated. I plan on winging it around in January with the hopes of another rash of articles online and in print. We shall see. Always something to do to keep up.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: views vs. posts - 11/21/06 08:50 PM

My thinking is that its the holidays, we are all so busy and preoccupied with family, shopping, meals etc. Even some of our usually consistent posters are no where to be seen during these holiday times. I bet they and others will appear after the new year has arrived. This is a magical place and once you've experienced its charms, its hard to stay away.
Posted by: jabber

Right U R...Re: views vs. posts - 11/21/06 09:23 PM

Yell, Chatty,
This is a magical place. And it does have charm. I haven't figured out where on the left side of the forum, I'm to click to see what Dotsie is referring to, but sometime I will. I love this site, though!!!

Right U R...Re: views vs. posts - 11/23/06 12:02 AM

bonnie, look on the left side of the forum home page. See where it lists all the names of the fourms? Click on one of the forum titles and you will see what I'm talking about.
Posted by: Poppie

Right U R...Re: views vs. posts - 11/23/06 09:36 AM

Dots,
it took me months after my registration to post!! I am very shy and like Anno, needed a bit of time to browse and get the beat. When I did brass it out...I was absoloutly chuffed to bits with the welcome. Everyone was so very kind, warm, witty and sweet; the very thing that keeps me comming back.
I tell everyone who I think would benifit from this site to visit and I am giving the details to the H.R.T clinic on my next visit. So we may have some more Irish lasses joining in. I also agree with all who say you should be well proud of yourself.

Right U R...Re: views vs. posts - 11/24/06 12:34 PM

Popea, aw gee, thanks!

I was called to this and continue to feel blessed by doing it.