sending private messages

Posted by: Dotsie

sending private messages - 09/20/04 03:48 PM

A couple women have recently asked me how to send private messages.

Look at the top of the post where all the icons are. You will see an envelope with something that looks like two people shaking hands. Simply click on that and the email box will appear. type away and send!
Posted by: LillianOwl

Re: sending private messages - 09/23/04 09:58 PM

and btw... thank you all for the private messages... I just got e-mail up and running in the house after a 9-month absence... I'm cherishing them all....
Posted by: chickadee

Re: sending private messages - 10/05/04 07:24 AM

Hi Dotsie

PM's and passwords

1. I sent a PM and it has been read by the addressee but it still showing as unread in my email read/unread lists.

2. Can I get to my "change password" from the BW site?

Just curious

Re: sending private messages - 10/05/04 06:22 PM

That unred thing happens to me. I can't seem to get an answer on that from the software company. Sorry.

Also, don't know if the rest of you have noticed, but the lightbulbs aren't always accurate. That's new since the forums crashed so I'm hoping to get that straightened out.

You can change your password by hitting the MY PROFILE button onthe tip right corner of the forum home page.

Re: sending private messages - 10/06/04 07:06 AM

quote:
You can change your password by hitting the MY PROFILE button onthe tip right corner of the forum home page.

DUH! All I had to do was...move my page over to see it... [Embarrassed]
thank you

Re: sending private messages - 01/29/05 11:08 PM

Do you Read your Private Messages?

I have sent private messages and some have been read, but it shows many have not. More than likely not as I haven't received replies.

Don't know how? - one way is to go to top right hand corner of page and click "my profile."

You can have an email indicating you have PM's also.

You can Block incoming PMs if you want...could it be that you have me blocked [Eek!]
...naw
chickadee
Posted by: unique

Re: sending private messages - 01/29/05 11:15 PM

Mine show unread if I didn't read it through the forum. I have my PM's routed through to my email. So it shows I didn't, even tho I did. As to replies...can't help ya there.
Posted by: Danita

Re: sending private messages - 01/30/05 04:11 AM

My question is - what is proper concerning long responses...v.s. short ones. Should the long ones be sent private message?

d.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: sending private messages - 01/30/05 05:06 AM

I think the private messages are for "your eyes only" type responses...maybe you have some special advice for someone that doesn't necessarily apply to others. Or perhaps you have a point to make and you feel others might misconstrue your meaning so you use the private message thingy...as far as how long or short, however long or short you want to make it is the way I understand it.

Re: sending private messages - 01/31/05 01:47 AM

You may post as little or as much as you like. Length doesn't matter.

The PM's are for messages you may not want to share with the community at large, or for any other reason you might like to email someone.