Have a fancy to flavored teas?

Posted by: Di

Have a fancy to flavored teas? - 03/24/08 02:11 PM

This site is one I go to often...they have wonderful teas. I always by the Mega Grab Bags (under "Specials") On hand, I like to have about 20 different flavors....I love choices! I've sent my stepdaughter some lively gifts thru them as well.

http://www.sbsteas.com

Post back and let us know if you buy anything!!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Have a fancy to flavored teas? - 03/24/08 02:28 PM

I love their site. The Tea Talk Mugs are adorable! I would love to have one of each...wouldn't you?

Do you make the soaps they offer? Thanks for directing us there!

Re: Have a fancy to flavored teas? - 03/24/08 02:58 PM

No, we do not make their soap but ours are better!

Re: Have a fancy to flavored teas? - 03/24/08 03:30 PM

I don't doubt that for one minute...plus your prices are better! And...I've bought your soaps so I know first-hand how great they are. Wuhoo!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Have a fancy to flavored teas? - 03/24/08 09:31 PM

Great site. I have a friend who loves tea. She even took a class on the different teas. Something from that site would be a perfect gift for her. Thanks.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Have a fancy to flavored teas? - 03/24/08 09:55 PM

I too am a tea buff, no less than 4 cups per day. I'll check them out. And Di, I will buy NO soap but yours ever again. I LOVE YOUR SOAP!!! Yes, I am shouting, LOL!!!

Re: Have a fancy to flavored teas? - 03/25/08 01:34 AM

Dotsie, there are classes on Teas? What do you learn?

Re: Have a fancy to flavored teas? - 03/25/08 03:17 AM

I took a "Victorian Tea" class thru the local community college a few years ago..in fact, took two classes! Each class was just two Saturdays.

We learned about the history, types etc. And the second Saturday we dressed in all of our hats and attire...with gloves! And each classmate made a "dish" from the Victorian Tea cookbook we all received. Dishes such as:

Banbury Tarts
Cherry Cake
Shrewsbury Biscuits
Shortbread
Norfolk Fair Buttons
Queen Cakes
Cucumber Sandwiches

The "teacher" was from England and we had a grand time! Then, later on in the year, I had the same woman cater my step-daughter's Victorian Wedding Engagement Tea.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Have a fancy to flavored teas? - 03/25/08 09:41 AM

Did you know the double biscuits (sandwiched with jam and iced) were initally called German Biscuits.Then renamed Empire Biscuits after WW1.
Scottish baking is seriously wonderful.If ever in Glasgow the RENNIE MACINTOSH TEA ROOMS are a visit to do.
Mountain ash

Re: Have a fancy to flavored teas? - 03/25/08 12:56 PM

Di that sounds like a Yummy class to take. I want in on that one! And what fun dressing up in period clothing. Oh I bet you all looked divine. Do you have pic's? I wonder if that instructor has an online class. Would you happen to know? I think I'll look up some of those baking goods and see what I find...like the Banbury Tarts..very interesting!

Re: Have a fancy to flavored teas? - 04/14/08 01:38 PM

YAY! I won a $10 gift certificate from SBS Teas!

What to buy, what to buy?
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Have a fancy to flavored teas? - 04/14/08 08:31 PM

Congratulations Di... I love the Vanilla Caramel tea...

Re: Have a fancy to flavored teas? - 04/15/08 06:46 PM

How did you win?

Re: Have a fancy to flavored teas? - 04/16/08 01:10 PM

Oh, good question! All I did was send an email...maybe because I am a past customer!

Re: Have a fancy to flavored teas? - 04/16/08 05:31 PM

Neat. We have a thing at NABBW and BWS where you can win books. All you have to do is sign up for the newsletter and you are entered to win a stack of books. The crazy thing is that I've notified two people alrready to tell them they won and to send me their snail mail address, and I've heard nothing. So I'm moving on to the third person.