oh brother!

some of you know that i was in an abusive marriage and when reporting the abuse/paramour to military, the tables turned and i was discharged rather than the abuser. this was over 10 years ago, and today i know the good old boy system continues in the military.

i was given a general under honorable conditions discharge along with the g.i. bill of which i used to its full extent and finished my graduate degree.

i've still had complications from the abuse, won't address this at this moment. yet, one of them is standing up for myself and knowing when/what battles to pick. not always with success.

as a veteran with a general under honorable conditions discharge i have a 5 point preference and am eligible to apply for state, federal, and government jobs (pursuant to the regualtions). however, a month ago i attended a scheduled meeting w/ a va rep to assist with my resume. you see, i was constantly being turned down for the army civil service jobs. the va rep told me that most of the jobs at the local army base have already been filled, yet must legally advertise pursuant to the regs. no, she admitted, this is not ethical, yet occurs frequently.

she put me in touch with another va rep who said that although i'm eligible, i'd never be hired by any government agency b/c of my discharge type. i have their emails (metadata) and a copy of the regs which states otherwise. i called the state's veterans liaison office who said to write the senator or congressman and enclose the emails and ask for a more stricter interpretation. i believe these gals gave me their opinion, and perhaps that of others who hide behind the law.

although i want to file a congressional, i'm fearful b/c of my past, of being exposed, and of being denied. i don't trust big brother.

should i?

thanks gals