Designer of Cards,booklets,Binded books, Letterhead poems

Posted by: Feon Davis

Designer of Cards,booklets,Binded books, Letterhead poems - 12/22/05 07:33 AM

This is my favorite craft to do IS. Designing make my own 8 1/2x11 binded books and Poetry PostCards and letterhead poems. I am working on doing some poetic brochure using card stock paper.Maybe later I can get an laminated too.

I love to this so much I have started Flutterby Designs. Link is :
http://www.inthearmsofgod.com/Christianbooks.html -click bookstore

[ March 30, 2006, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Feon Davis ]
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Designer of Cards,booklets,Binded books, Letterhead poems - 12/23/05 08:34 AM

Feon ,
Hello and welcome , sorry I am late with this . Only craft I have done in pipe cleaners . How do you do this craft ? Do you design on the computer first and then transfer everyhing over . Sounds intersting . Please fill me in on more.
Posted by: Feon Davis

Re: Designer of Cards,booklets,Binded books, Letterhead poems - 12/23/05 06:17 PM

((SMILING)) let me first say that I apprecipate you asking. And love to share what I design.
I actually design alot stuff using software like PrintMaster, and to do my graphics I use Adobe photoshop, and I am back to Printmaster again. And then I do tranfer to PRINT. Fold into an booklet then using specific saddle stapler I staple it down the middle. I use glossy paper or photo paper for covers.
However, for my 8x10 books I type them up using wordperfect and than save them and save as Pdf and print them out and bind them using a binder machine. which something like $65.00 at the time I gotten this one. I also use glossy or photo for covers.
Now far as the cards I use card stock something like 67lb of 250 sheets costing $4.00 ea at staples. I design what I would like to have on card using PrintMaster and save it. Then print them out on stock paper. Then using cutting board trim it up and fold and I then glue it together so that it stands up open for all to see.

I hope this helps. Do go back up to my first messenge and click the last link to see my example gift package I done at bookstore.

Merry Christmas and have an blessful New Year!
God bless you us all. and email me anytime.

[ December 23, 2005, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Feon Davis ]
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Designer of Cards,booklets,Binded books, Letterhead poems - 01/02/06 03:19 AM

Hi Feon: It's so important to enjoy what you do! [Big Grin] And it seems like you absolutely love it!

My sister does handmade greeting cards and got me into it... Of course I have not enough time for them and I've just done a few now and then, but I love it! Creating with my hands something that will bring joy to others is great!

I wish you great success with your endeavor!