Okay, I about fainted when I looked at the price of a pattern these days. I remember them being $1.50...and I think the most I ever paid for one was around $4.50. A couple of years ago I began making shirts for Larry and almost fainted when I saw how much they are. Twice a year (approx.) Hancock's Fabric has a pattern sale in which their patterns are 99 cents. I'm in the sewing mood (must be a full moon)...and dashed down to the sale...I came out with $100 worth of patterns for $7.77. I received an additional 10% discount for being in the quilters guild. Whoa! I found some cute patterns for the grandbeauties (JJ...I'm borrowing that term from you...it's adorable)!!! I found a very cute dress and a little red riding hood cape that will make up so cute for Christmas. Adrianna's favorite color is pink so I'm going to see if I can find some fabric with pink and brown and have her cape a tiny cordoroy in brown with perhaps some kind of pink trim to match her dress. I can see it in my mind but need to look for the fabric.
I envy ladies who live in great big cities where they have lots of fabric stores/quilt shops to choose from.
Is anyone else shocked by the price of patterns?