Maybe some of you remember that my son presented Hubby and me a week’s vacation in Spain as a thank you for taking his daughter for a year.

Well…I just got to tell you about this trip

It poured 5 days out of the seven. The winds were so strong, that the palm trees seemed to sweep the streets. And we thought Spain was suffering under a drought! Hahahaha! Still, we were determined not to let that get to us. We did some sightseeing and walked against the winds along the beach. I sang Stormy Weather till Hubby couldn’t hear it anymore. He actually stuffed a sogging scarf in my mouth!

The English couple with whom we shared our dining room table, saved our vacation. Lola, if they are all that funny in England you must die laughing. I almost peed my pants a couple of times in the restaurant. I think we were the loudest in the dining room. How embarrassing. ( No, … not really, …we’ll never see anyone there again…. ( mostly boring Germans) Thank God.)

Finally on the day before the last, the sun shined bright and hot. We put on our bathing suits and headed for the beach. I took a double look at my Hubby. His body was covered with bright red spots. “Aren’t you too old to get the Measels?” I asked. Well…I wish ! Hubby was covered from top to bottom with FLEA bites! Yup…and that in a five star hotel….! A cleaning crew came in our room and disinfected it. But that made no difference to me. I couldn’t shut an eye that night, imagining those critters crawling everywhere ready to attack.

Finally the next day we flew home. The rings under my eyes were deeper than the pool outside of our hotel. We dumped our suitcase on the terrace, disinfected it and all it’s belongings…shed our clothes outside on our patio and raced inside for the shower. And guess what…we have no frickin’ fleas. Maybe it was a Spanish fly? hahaha I wish.