I Don't Like broccoli

Posted by: Dee

I Don't Like broccoli - 11/05/09 06:15 PM

It's always fun to catch your young grandchild saying something cute...luckily I was video taping Adrianna when she expressed her dislike for Broccoli...I love how she's not quite able to pronounce all of her words yet. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbv3CVlGs7s
Posted by: Lola

Re: I Don't Like broccoli - 11/05/09 06:50 PM

Cute! I must tip my hat off to you...they help in the kitchen!

But, I found another gem of a video though, Dee. It made me smile.

And, because I was not able to wish you on your wedding day, I do so now. May you and Larry be blest with all the joys one could wish for oneself.

Re: I Don't Like broccoli - 11/05/09 07:24 PM

Lola...you always say the most incredibly sweet things...you absolutely warm my heart and I wish I could meet you. You're precious. Thank you for the warm wishes for me and Larry...he truly is a God-send and my best friend. You, my friend, are also a God-send. Hugging you with my heart.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: I Don't Like broccoli - 11/06/09 09:09 AM

How adorable. How fun that you have it on tape. I bet you jsut love having them around, and I bet they love being there!
Posted by: jabber

Re: I Don't Like broccoli - 11/08/09 06:51 PM

Cool video! I didn't like broccoli at that age, either.

Re: I Don't Like broccoli - 11/08/09 08:34 PM

Adrianna sings Twinkle, Twinnkle little star...but she says 'winkle, winkle, widdle tar' instead. I'm hoping the next time I'm with her she'll sing it for me and I can get it on video to post...she is so adorable when she sings!

Re: I Don't Like broccoli - 11/09/09 06:09 PM

Grandchildren are one of life's greatest gifts! Adrianna is
adorable. I agree!

Re: I Don't Like broccoli - 11/11/09 04:00 PM

When my kid was little, he'd say, "Tupid" for stupid.

Re: I Don't Like broccoli - 11/11/09 08:15 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Re: I Don't Like broccoli - 11/13/09 06:54 PM

It tickled your ribs, hey?

Re: I Don't Like broccoli - 11/14/09 08:55 PM

Yes, Jabber....very, cute indeed!
Posted by: BlessedOne

Re: I Don't Like broccoli - 11/14/09 09:53 PM

We have been babysitting our grandson , Regan , off and on lately because our daughter it 7 months pregnant, has a husband that works shifts and, Regan tires her out! He is a blessing to us....He is 2 and talks up a storm...Yesterday, he came walking into the house, patted the dog on the head and gave her a kiss then proceeded to to say "I love you too, papa" to his Grandpa....We wish we had that on one of those talking frames so that we could hear it over and over. When we fed him lunch he said, " MMM, tasty, I like it! We really never know what he is going to say next! ..The family room of our home has turned from an emtynester room with everything in its place, into a playroom with a train table and baskets of toys and books.... Of, course, when it is time for him to go home after 4 or 5 hours, we are drained both physically and emotionally....But, full of , oh, so much happiness and love....=]
Posted by: Edelweiss3

Re: I Don't Like broccoli - 11/15/09 06:43 AM

Your happiness pops right out of this post. I can just picture Regan making Grandma and Grandpa laugh.
I never thought I would turn into a gushing grandmother. I could never understand that, and often stifled a yawn when every detail was told and retold.
And now... I could head the class! My husband has even started logging the cute sayings, our granddaughter comes up with. Now we have to add baby Michael's too.
I think it's because we recognise the simple things in life more as we grow older.
Posted by: BlessedOne

Re: I Don't Like broccoli - 11/15/09 12:33 PM

I agree....Being Grandparents is far better than we ever imagined! Sure, we knew we would love the child, but the joy he gives us is immeasurable! We were never gushy parents and didn't think we would be as grandparents, but here we are! It is like a well guarded secret....I even asked my Mom if she had felt the same as I do when my kids and the cousins were born...She nodded her head and I think she did, but maybe there was just so many at once and for me there was just the one. The love floweth over....=]