Posting about my daughter's shower reminded me of a small miracle.

Before the birth of my first grandchild, I found a beautiful and very unique antique bassinette. Each of the babies has used it and it became kind of a family heirloom. When my daughter, Becky, discovered she was pregnant she immediately asked about the bassinette and we began looking for it. I vaguely remembered loaning it to someone, but for the life of me I couldn't remember who. We looked in the attic and called everyone we could think of and it was no where to be found. Becky was so disappointed.
One day she called in tears. She said she had looked everywhere for a pretty bassinette and couldn't find anything. She said she was just going to order a plain one from Sears for $250. We talked about how much it would mean to her to have 'our' bassinette for her new baby. I hung up also near tears, angry at myself for loaning the bassinette out and at whoever borrowed it for not returning it.
After we hung up, a prayer just entered my heart, "God, please help me find my bassinette." I forgot having prayed and sat quietly for a moment then for no reason at all, I just picked up the phone book and began calling antique shops. I called about twenty shops and no one had a bassinette.
Finally I called one which is more like a used furniture store in the small town near where I live and they said they had one that had never been used for $45.
I got in the car and drove downtown to look at it. The lady at the shop showed it to me. It was just like the one at Sears and she said her daughter had decided to use a cradle instead and had never used it. It was not very pretty, but it was $45 where the other one exactly like it was $250.
I said I would take it. As the lady prepared to take my money, she said, "Oh, I forgot, there's another one in the back of the store. A lady just brought it in from an auction."
She led me to a loading dock type area and pulled it out.
I couldn't believe my eyes. There was MY bassinette. Apparently whoever I loaned it to had sold it to someone who took it to auction. I still don't know who it was and it doesn't matter. I was amazed. It is unique so it had to be the same one.
It made me so happy to know that God answers even small not well thought out prayers. And he performs big miracles.
My daughter was so happy. We just couldn't believe we found OUR bassinette. I felt that God had given me the prayer and then answered it. What a wonderful God.
smile

[ May 07, 2004, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]