update on Cheryl

Posted by: WizardofZA

update on Cheryl - 12/11/04 02:49 PM

Awhile ago, I posted about my friend's wife who is suffering from cancer and asked for suggestions as to what to send her to cheer her up. So many of you responded with great ideas, cards and even gifts, so I wanted to update you on her condition.

Unfortunately the news isn't good. Timmer, her husband, emailed me yesterday that she has been in a lot of pain,and the doctors have discontinued chemotherapy treatments because they were not working as they had hoped. They are now going to try experimental drugs in the hopes that they can buy a little time. Things look pretty bleak, and all he asked for were prayers. I hope some of you can add Cheryl and Timmer to your prayer lists; they need all that they can get right now.
Thanks so much.

[ December 11, 2004, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: WizardofZA ]
Posted by: chickadee

Re: update on Cheryl - 12/11/04 06:45 PM

Cheryl and Timmer are at the top of my list as I type. Praying God will ease Cheryl's pain and suffering. I pray that he gives Timmer the emotional strength to see her through it all. Special prayers to her family and loved ones. A prayer for you too Wiz for being a special person.

chick
Posted by: Dian

Re: update on Cheryl - 12/12/04 01:29 AM

Cheryl and husband have been added to my list. Such a rough thing to endure.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: update on Cheryl - 12/12/04 07:27 PM

Wizard, Cheryl and her husband Timmer have been in my church's prayer since the original post. I will give them the update today and tell them to kick it uo a notch. I'll never understand why such terrible things happen to such good people....
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: update on Cheryl - 12/13/04 04:04 PM

Thanks for the update. It's hard to believe that while we're breezing through life they continue to suffer such heartache. I'm still praying and I believe in miracles. I witnessed a medical miracle this weekend. I'll post about it in blessings/joys.
Posted by: Maggie

Re: update on Cheryl - 12/13/04 05:39 PM

Will keep praying. Thanks for the update.
Maggie