Edelweiss today!

Posted by: Dotsie

Edelweiss today! - 06/12/08 10:47 AM

Ladies, let's not forget to hold our dear Edelweiss in prayer today. This is the day of her procedure.

I'll be praying for her peace and calm, and for the doctors and nurses to be most attentive and secure in what they are doing.

We're praying for you Edelweiss, and sending well wishes your way!
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/12/08 10:59 AM

My prayers for Edelweiss go along with yours, Dotsie. I'm praying also for a calm spirit and great success in the procedure. Hurry back soon, friend!!!
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/12/08 11:57 AM

I'm with you...
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/12/08 11:58 AM

I too will be carrying her in heart and prayer throughout the day. And sending love and care to wrap her in warmth throughout the recovery period.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/12/08 12:26 PM

We have our dear friend covered here and will all jump for joy when her smiling voice has returned to us!

We love and care for you, Edelweiss! Hurry home, honey.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/12/08 02:14 PM

Love you girlfriend. I know you will be back here soon feeling chipper and better than ever.

Holding you in my heart all day.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/12/08 05:08 PM

Adding my thoughts and prayers...
Mountain ash
Posted by: Lola

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/12/08 06:07 PM

Joining everyone in prayer for our EW.
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/12/08 06:49 PM

Hoping and praying all went well with your surgery EW! We'll all be happy when you're back with us.
Posted by: gims

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/12/08 08:12 PM

I can never keep the day/night thing straight in my mind. Maybe her day is over and all is well.
I said special prayers for her last evening, thinking she'd be already be going though the procedure. Lola, are you going to call and check on her, in case she can't get to the computer with news? Maybe her hubby could bring you up to moment. Or, I could. I think the info is on her realty website.

That was sweet of you to call her Lola. Shows a real caring character.

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/12/08 08:29 PM

Yes, Gims. I would definitely be checking up on EW by the weekend if she is not back here before then. And, thank you.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/12/08 09:03 PM

I remember once when we spoke that at noon here (Pacific time) it was night there. So many prayers coming your way Edelweiss... Hoping for a successfulocedure with little or no pain what-so-ever. I hope you're feeling the love we are sending across the pond to you...
Posted by: QBall101

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/12/08 09:17 PM

Prayers & Well wishes from the Ozarks EW.
QB
Posted by: diamond50

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/13/08 06:51 AM

Adding my prayers to those above.

((((((((Hugs))))))))

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/13/08 10:14 AM

hmmm, where is she? I thought we'd hear from her by now. Anyone heard?

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/13/08 12:31 PM

I wish she would post or send word so that we can all clap hands and smile again! Oh girlfriendddddddd.....we miss you...sob...sob....Hurry home!
Posted by: humlan

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/13/08 01:33 PM

Thinking of you, EW..like everyone else is doing here! And hoping to hear from you very very soon!

I believe in your resilience..and sending you lots of hugs and love!

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/13/08 11:03 PM

Edel! Oh Edelweiss?? Where fore art thou, Edelweiss?

We miss you and love you.
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/14/08 12:43 AM

Thinking of you too EW. Hurry back with some good news.

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/14/08 12:51 AM

hmmm, I can't find her anywhere.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/14/08 09:15 AM

Hellooooo my friends! I feel like I’ve been gone for years. I actually thought of all of you on the operating table. Now that’s love.

It wasn’t any picnic;…but afterwards I thought this is like after childbirth. You forget the negative impressions pretty fast. I am so grateful to modern medicine that this procedure is even possible. It’s not even that old! Only since 2002.

So now the only thing that can make my heart gallop is if I weren’t able to visit my dear friends here. The whole procedure took 3 hours. Yuck 3 hours lying on a steel table,… and awake! I thought they were going to send me into orbit, the way they were talking. First of all zillions of computer screens surrounded me. I could watch the whole darn thing. But the weirdest was the way they talked. My surgeon sat on a stool, arms crossed studying the screens, and suddenly he would blast out 250xyzghgkjfhfj..whatever…and in the next room, I heard a nurse repeating what he just said, and then I heard it again in a further room. Whaaaat? And that over and over and over again. Beep beep beep….ET calling.

The doctor told me it’s a very common ailment for people in my age. So if anyone else should have this…I don’t want to scare anybody off. I am so glad I did this. Now life can go on. Lalala….I’m home, have to take it easy this week. all I have to do is trim my antennas morning and night. Beep-beep.

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/14/08 09:22 AM

You're back!!! I am soooooooo relieved that the procedure went well. All that electrical pulse and they put you on a steel table? Geesh, talk about conduction! You okay now? Darn, we ought to have harnessed all that energy for our own BWS substation. And on the other thing...was it required to do it? And, was the Dr a hunk? Did you pinch him in the rear for me? Glad, glad, glad you're back. Rest! Rest! Rest!

From your antenna to mine: roger-roger and 10-4 10-4

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/14/08 10:42 AM

You were one of the very first people I prayed for this morning. I was beginning to get concerned.

I can't imagine being awake for a heart procedure. Good grief. Too bad one of the screens couldn't have been our forums. We could have sent you messages during the procedure. What's the matter with them? They need to get with it!

Be sure to listen to their orders. Here's to relaxing week of pampering yourself and being pampered by the men in your life!
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/14/08 12:06 PM

Hooray.Its over
Mountain ash

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/14/08 12:31 PM

Well slap me nakkid and hide my clothes, she's back! Did any of the multiple screens have commercials on them? Soaps? Movies? Oprah? Whatttttt? Girl, you have been so missed! And so prayed over! And so....I mean, what the BEEP were you thinking going in there without access to a BEEPING computer?
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/14/08 12:44 PM

I'm so glad to see you back, safe and sound, Edelweiss. You really were missed here and I think many of us were holding our breaths until you came back. We love you and I, for one (I'm sure I'm not alone) am doing a happy dance in celebration of your life!

Dotsie, I think that's a great idea, that one of the computers should have been tuned into BWS so that EW could read our love messages throughout the procedure!

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/14/08 01:45 PM

Welcome home, Edelweiss.

I am so glad that you are well and back her chattin with the girls. I am doing a small jig right now.

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/14/08 02:24 PM

And the docs can't say this about you anymore....

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/14/08 04:48 PM

I'm laughing tears here. I just read your posts to Hubby and my sons. They are over here testing our new barbeque monstrosity. My youngest son wants to know if he can come to our BWS meeting. He promises to be good.

They bought this gadget fit to feed 24 horses while I was in the hospital. It is sooo ugly. All stainless steel...and reminds me of the operating table. I’m trying to figure out where to hide it when their enthusiasm blows over.

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/14/08 06:33 PM

So good to have ypou back and in your usual good humor. ou had us worried a bit but I was up late as usual and prayed so hard my eyes are bloodshot today. And without a lick of booze too. You take care of yourself lady, you are loved by me and all others here.
Whats with the feed 24 horses gadget, does it really feed horses and do you even own horses? Hummmmm!!!

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/14/08 07:42 PM

The only horse I have ever owned was a charley horse. Oh well, what's with men when they BBQ? It's like they become king of the cave. Got to admit, the food was good. We even barbequed asparagus. First time I had it that way; almost crunchy.

Love you too Chatty. I love all of you, I realy do. I read all the posts again, and feel loved and wanted. Can't tell you what that means to me. It's something like the world.
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/15/08 12:06 AM

So glad you're back and okay. This will be a week you'll be able to do the manicure/pedicure/whatever you want and have the guys wait on you! Take it easy girl and listen to the doctor.

So glad you feel the love here for you!
Posted by: humlan

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/15/08 05:08 PM

EW..YES! YES!!! Your son can come to our next meeting!! I promise to be good,too!!!

Sorry got carried away here...dirty old lady that I am! I am SOOOO GLAD that you are back..and you are a much better woman than I am! I would NEVER be able to stick it out..AWAKE..with all monitors going..for 3 hours! I am with JJ here..didn´t they have any entertainment on one of those monitors at least???? BOY...don´t they understand the patient thing at all??? They should have played some hard rock..that would have fixed your rythm for the rest of your life...

ANYHOOO..you should really check in on this you need help time. I mean squeeze it for all its worth..because as you well know..IT WILL PASS!!!

Edelweiss..I am SOOOO HAPPPPY to have you back among the living!!! What did I tell you??? Only the good die young!!!!

I love YOU!!!!

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/15/08 11:59 PM

Well Humlan I hope you're right about that dying thing because if its true, ladies I am going to live forever!!!!!!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/16/08 05:30 AM

Edelweiss, sorry I missed this post earlier but am soooo glad the procedure went well and you're OK!

Maybe the BBQ lust is a throwback to the cave days, when men hunted wild mastadon and roasted it over a fire. The beasties are extinct but men are still hardwired to roast over an open flame. And that's why it's so big too -- how else can you fit in the mastadon?
Posted by: diamond50

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/16/08 07:58 AM

EW, it's great to have you back! Have a great week!
Posted by: gims

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/16/08 05:52 PM

Welcome back EW!!!!!
BBQ! mmmmmmmm... the season is here!

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/16/08 09:03 PM

I send you all hugs. Thank you everyone for letting me know you care.
I've been so sleepy, but have no pain...so it's a dreamy convalescence. Anaiya is so careful with me. "You have a boo-boo Oma?" She asks...and kisses me on my heart.
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/17/08 12:02 PM

Oh Edelweiss, I've been MIA more than not and just wanted you to know that I'm so happy your procedure is over and you feel well for the most part. Take care of yourself and your precious heart....it is a kind and sweet heart and I know from personal experience!! It's so good to know it's behind you now!
Posted by: Songbird08

Re: Edelweiss today! - 06/17/08 07:22 PM

Dear Edelweiss: So glad the procedure went well. At times I can't log in and have been dealing with numerous situations but I pray daily for my BWS sisters. So I am thankful you are doing great. Keep it up!!!