Poll About Brussel Sprouts

Posted by: Eagle Heart

Poll About Brussel Sprouts - 12/04/06 09:59 PM

Well, I've often wanted to do a poll but never knew what I wanted to know until tonight. I can't believe how often I'm hearing about brussel sprouts here these days! I've only ever eaten brussel sprouts once in my entire life.

So my enquiring mind just wants to know:
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Poll About Brussel Sprouts - 12/05/06 02:37 AM

Did my last comment on Brussel spouts motivate this poll? Ha ha? Well, you can imagine how I answered. Cute idea.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Poll About Brussel Sprouts - 12/05/06 04:05 AM

I have at least three ways to make brussel sprouts even tastier than they are originally. They are packed vith all good vitamins too.
Posted by: klmr13

Re: Poll About Brussel Sprouts - 12/05/06 04:22 AM

Love 'em! My Mom used to call them "little cabbages".
Posted by: Lola

Re: Poll About Brussel Sprouts - 12/05/06 04:33 AM

I love them, too! Served in any way. So do the grandchildren.
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Poll About Brussel Sprouts - 12/05/06 05:59 AM

But their just little blobs of yucky tastless water.... No matter how healthie cant bring myself to willingly eat them.....i only unwillingly do lol. and feel 3 at the mean time .....I do think you inspired this Hannalore

My oppinion on the great and mighty sprout .....is a privite oppinion and in no way reflects the views or beliefs of the bommer fellowship.....

Is that a good enough disclamer lol

Only kidding well i amuse myself, haaay try living in this head hmmmmmm gives you a lot to be thankfull about eh!

Celtic_flame
Posted by: Poppie

Re: Poll About Brussel Sprouts - 12/05/06 07:00 AM

I have forgotten how to poll!!!! Help Eagle, please.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Poll About Brussel Sprouts - 12/05/06 07:29 AM

klmr, Mom was the only one in our home who ate them. SHe loved it when Ross came to Sunday dinner because he would eat them with her. Poor Ross, since he's married me, he never gets brussell sprouts. I figure if he doesn't buy them when he food shops, neither am I.

Funny, I've never tried them as an adult. Who knows? Now that I have my adult taste buds, I might like them.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Poll About Brussel Sprouts - 12/05/06 07:55 AM

I add them to beef or chicken stews. They add an extra flavor and texture without being too overwhelming.

Re: Poll About Brussel Sprouts - 12/05/06 09:42 AM

I can't remember where I first ate brussel sprouts...I think it was at a buffet table. They were delicious. So scrumptious that I couldn't believe I'd never discovered them before! So I went right out and bought some and eagerly cooked them up, even adding maple syrup and other stuff that I thought I'd detected in the buffet recipe. Well, ahem, let's just say that I've never been able to eat another one since. The bitterness was overwhelmingly brutal (I'm sensitive to bitter taste ever since a childhood illness).

But I was under the impression that it was a holiday favourite for most Americans. Don't they always show people serving brussel sprouts in Thanksgiving and Christmas movies?

Re: Poll About Brussel Sprouts - 12/05/06 09:51 AM

Popea, I had to stumble around to figure out how to do a poll too. From the Main Index, choose the Board that you want (e.g., this one is in the Favourite Recipes board). Then you click the Post button as if you were going to start a new thread.

When you're in the Post page, scroll down about 3/4 of the way to the bottom of the page. You'll see several options with checkboxes, including "Add a poll to this post. Total questions: " Select that box and how many questions you want in your poll. Then scroll back up to the top of the page and write whatever you want to show up above your poll (like, Hi gals, I'm doing this poll on brussel sprouts). When you're finished with that section, scroll all the way back to the bottom of the screen and click "continue". From there, you'll be take to the "Poll" section. You'll be able to compose your poll questions, and how you want people to answer. Keep following the instructions, and choosing the "continue" button at the bottom of each screen. Just before you submit, make sure you preview the whole thing and then go back and edit as you want. It took me three edits to get mine the way I wanted, and each time I had to fill in some of the info again. That was a bit frustrating, but worth it in the end. I found out all sorts of good things about brussel sprouts!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Poll About Brussel Sprouts - 12/05/06 01:36 PM

Eagle what they show is everyone bringing green bean casserole with those crunchy onions on top, to the holiday tables...Never seen brussel sprouts in those commercials.

Re: Poll About Brussel Sprouts - 12/05/06 05:53 PM

Ah, Chatty, you're right! I forgot about that green bean casserole with those yummy cruncy onions on top! I've even had that one (once) and enjoyed it.