1 cup Dannon Light & Fit strawberry nonfat yogurt
1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
1 ripe kiwi fruit peeled & diced
1/2 cup orange juice
3 tablespoons grenadine
3 fresh whole strawberrys
ice cubes

NOTE: You can substitute ice milk or ice cream if you don't like yogurt...

1.) Place yogurt, strawberries, pineapples, kiwi, orange juice and grenadine in a blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Add ice cubes one at a time, blending well after each addition until mixture is thick and spoonable.
2.) Pour into 3 frosted mugs. Garnish with fresh whole strawberry. Serve immediately....
3.) Variations: You can also make this recipe using other yogurt varities.
Makes 3 servings.

[ May 23, 2006, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Hot Summer - Cool Smoothie - 03/29/06 03:37 AM

Did you make this up? This looks delicious.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Hot Summer - Cool Smoothie - 03/29/06 07:10 AM

Nope but I added plenty of my own fixens. It is a creamy and cool delight on a hot day for a dessert and looks good too.
Posted by: almostangel

Re: Hot Summer - Cool Smoothie - 03/29/06 07:35 AM

Sounds wonderful! I will give it a try this summer. I love smoothies.
Thanks!

Re: Hot Summer - Cool Smoothie - 05/23/06 03:21 AM

Bringing this one back for those of you who are new and missed this recipe and would love something cold and thick and soooo yummy on a hot day and its nutritious too.....
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Hot Summer - Cool Smoothie - 05/24/06 07:32 AM

Chatty,
Can you leave off the orange juice and still taste as good? It's so loaded with sugar.

JJ

Re: Hot Summer - Cool Smoothie - 05/24/06 05:18 AM

JJ, of course you can but there is only 1/2 cup juice used. One whole (fresh squeezed) orange has 15 grams of carbs and 60 calories. So using half thats only 7 1/2 of carbs and 30 calories and thats not a big deal or a diet breaker. Now to be extra safe just use a tablespoon of Crystal light (sugar free) orange flavored drink, flavor remains in tact, whalla, problem solved!!!

Re: Hot Summer - Cool Smoothie - 06/16/06 02:27 AM

Has anyone tried this treat yet?
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Hot Summer - Cool Smoothie - 06/16/06 03:19 AM

Hadn't even seen it. I will tell my daughter to try it, she loves to make smoothies. We have most of these ingredients in the house already, except for the grenadine.

Re: Hot Summer - Cool Smoothie - 06/05/08 09:49 PM

An old stand-by in hot weather... I served this yesterday while out helping a neighbor get her garden in order. Took the ingredients with me and made a bunch for the several people there helping out as well. It was a hit, give it a try...