Woman's World

Posted by: jawjaw

Woman's World - 02/21/05 07:58 PM

Good morning all. I just got an email from Chick saying she has the latest Woman's World and that my article "Mammograms or, The Jaw of Life" is in it! YAHOOOOO...Now, I have to run out and...well first I have to change out of these pj's, then---oh what the hay...I'm running to the store and buying a copy. Hope you do too! If you like what you read, please drop WW's a line and tell them, want you?

Happy Off from work day!

JJ
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Woman's World - 02/22/05 08:00 AM

Oh I'm running as fast as I can!!!!!
And I'm going to be telling everyone about my famous writer friend!
Way to go Jawjaw, I'm so proud to know you!
Posted by: smilinize

Re: Woman's World - 02/22/05 08:13 AM

Yeah for you JJ. Running to the store now!! You go girl. You're a STAR!!
smile
Posted by: Sherri

Re: Woman's World - 02/22/05 08:14 AM

I'm going to pick my issue up today!! Way to go! I bow to da Queen!!!

Love ya and so happy for you!
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: Woman's World - 02/22/05 08:22 AM

Woohoo!! I had it on my calendar for tomorrow. A day early is a bonus! I plan on buying copies and bragging about my 'famous friend', too! Hey, I'd be running down to the store in my jammies, too, if I had something in Woman's World.

Donna (bowin' and scrapin' to da QUEEN!)
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Woman's World - 02/22/05 08:26 AM

I was in the lineup at the grocery store yesterday and laughing out loud saying "this chick is so funny", What? Oh look, see, here, that's my friend right here in Woman's World. We are writer friends. Yeah you're right,she is pretty. What do I write...uh,ah...uh,keep checking WW and you'll see.(tee,hee)
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU JJ.You deserve all(and more) that's coming your way! You made my day!

Luv n 'ugs
chickadee
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Woman's World - 02/21/05 09:27 PM

Heading to the store today. Chick, what's the date of the magazine?

Go queen. I'm tickled for you!
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Woman's World - 02/21/05 10:09 PM

Congrats, JJ! You must be so proud of yourself! You made it! We're proud of you too!

Now, I'll have to go out in the snow and get the magazine! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Re: Woman's World - 02/21/05 11:06 PM

Shoot JJ, I went to the drug store and picked up Women's World and it is Feb 22, but no article of yours!! Is there another one out?

Re: Woman's World - 02/21/05 11:16 PM

March 1st edition.
Hurry, they're going fast in the South!
chickadee
Posted by: Kristie Leigh Maguire

Re: Woman's World - 02/22/05 05:45 AM

Very exciting news about your article being published in WW, JJ. Right on! Or should I say, "Write On!"
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: Woman's World - 02/22/05 05:53 AM

JJ, I'm so proud of you and all your accomplishments. You truly are a writing inspiration.

Here's a great big hug just for you!!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Woman's World - 02/22/05 06:00 AM

It is literally pouring down rain. I have not ventured one foot out the door BUT my dear ilariously funny friend I can't wait to see the article and am stepping into my goolashes and rain gear and heading to the Albertsons near by to get a copy. Oh the things I do for those I love....Congrats lady you deserve it big time. [Cool] [Razz] [Big Grin]

Re: Woman's World - 02/22/05 06:03 AM

You all are sooo supportive. I don't know what other writers do when they need a lift. I come here.

I am certainly grateful they bought the article, and the pay was super, but I just got a copy and read it and couldn't believe how much they had chop, re-written, and cut out of the article. It certainly didn't resemble what they bought...but what the hay...I still get to add them to my portfolio, eh?

So onward! And to all my friends here, thank you so much for all the nice things you've said. I love you all!

Re: Woman's World - 02/22/05 06:19 AM

Do you mind saying what they pay? If not, I understand.
Posted by: Evie

Re: Woman's World - 02/22/05 06:42 AM

well darn - I sure hope they have the Mar 1 issue at the drugstore tomorrow, after running down there today and flipping all through the Feb. 22 issue looking for my friend's article so I could show it to everbody and announce loudly, "well I'll have to buy this copy for sure, since my friend is in it" [Smile]

instead, I felt like I should be wearing a trench coat while I perused it, put it back on the shelf and slunk out the door [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

you rock JJ!!!
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Woman's World - 02/22/05 06:52 AM

Congratulations JJ. I can't wait to get it.
Louisa
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Woman's World - 02/22/05 08:08 AM

Wowie K-Zowie!!! This is great! Jawjaw girlfriend, WE ARE PROUD! You are Famous and deservedly so!
Posted by: Erica Miner

Re: Woman's World - 02/22/05 08:15 AM

Awesome, JJ!! You rock!!

Erica
Posted by: Julie

Re: Woman's World - 02/22/05 08:33 AM

SO pleased for you JJ. I hope I can read it somehow, but I don't think I will be able to get a copy over here!
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: Woman's World - 02/22/05 05:12 PM

Another round of applause for our awesome Queen! Congrats kiddo....good thing that crown of yours is "expandable"....HAHAHA [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Re: Woman's World - 02/22/05 07:37 PM

Sorry for that unfair question to you. Mom always said "curiosity killed the cat!"
Posted by: MClubPrez

Re: Woman's World - 02/23/05 08:36 AM

I'm getting my copy today! Congrats JJ!

Re: Woman's World - 02/22/05 09:22 PM

Thanks everybody. If you get the chance, and only IF you enjoyed what you read, please drop them a line at DearWW@aol.com and tell them how much you enjoyed the article.

I would truly appreciate it...my kids appreciate it, my mamma appreciates it...and oh yes, my bank does too!

JJ
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Woman's World - 02/23/05 01:11 AM

I wrote WW and told them how much I enjoyed reading your article! Way to go Queenie!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Woman's World - 02/23/05 04:20 AM

Bows to the Queen! Congrats 2 U! You must feel so good.

Re: Woman's World - 02/23/05 04:29 AM

I just finished writing WW and told them the same.

Still beaming here, JJ. [Big Grin]

chickadee
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Woman's World - 02/23/05 04:33 AM

JJ, how come they didn't send you a bonus copy? I can't wait to see what you wrote. Did the editors keep the "flavor" of your humor? congratulations! Lynn
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: Woman's World - 02/23/05 06:27 AM

Okay, I just got back from making a trip to Walgreen's to pick up my copy. Of course my husband yelled out a few items he needed, too, since I was 'already going out.'

I ran into a friend of mine just inside the front door, so I bragged about the reason I was there. You'd think I had the article published the way I went on!

Then when I got home, I showed it to my 24-yr.old daughter who was mighty impressed!

So frame a copy, and buy a few for your clips file, and celebrate! I am!!
Posted by: Dian

Re: Woman's World - 02/23/05 08:11 AM

Great job, Georgia! You deserve every kudo.

Di

Re: Woman's World - 02/24/05 08:13 AM

I just heard back from WW thanking me for comments.

chickadee
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Woman's World - 02/27/05 08:01 AM

Great article, JJ. Congratulations! Just got my copy of WW. Your picture and everything! Awesome!!
Louisa
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Woman's World - 02/28/05 08:06 AM

Just now found this thread. You just rule, that's all, just rule. So proud of you.
Posted by: Looking Up

Re: Woman's World - 02/27/05 09:04 PM

JJ...I am a little late in posting as I had not seen this up until now. (Geez, where is my head these days?) But, what wonderful news!!! Congratulations. I am sure you are tickled pink, as well you should be!!

Way to go girl! Will have to pick up a copy too!!
Posted by: Sher

Re: Woman's World - 02/28/05 09:55 AM

Oh my gosh! To think I almost missed this!!!

I've got to go to Wal-Mart and get a copy. I'm so excited for you Queen JJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!