teen workshop

Posted by: meredithbead

teen workshop - 10/14/03 10:56 AM

Had the first Teen Poetry writing workshop tonight. Small group but the kids really enjoyed it. Workshops were scheduled for once a month but the kids asked if we could meet every week! I'm a pushover but not THAT big of a pushover, so I said "OK, how about two weeks?" This is my first time working with that age group so I'm encouraged that it went well.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: teen workshop - 10/14/03 02:23 PM

That is wonderful Meredith! If any of you have not read some of Meredith's poetry, treat yourself and do! She truly has a gift. And now she is passing this gift onto the teens...isn't she amazing? Course...I taught her everything she knows...isn't that right Ms. M?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: teen workshop - 10/14/03 04:34 PM

Meredith, I also think what you are doing for teens is great. I think the more adults they have in their lives (that care about them) the better chances they have of healthily surviving the teen years.

My youngest son is into photography and I wonder if his photography teacher has any idea the impact he has on his students. He probably does because he is sooo good at what he does. MOTIVATE should be his middle name when it comes to encouraging teens and their creativity. He's a gift! [Big Grin] My son's blessed to have him!

Re: teen workshop - 10/15/03 02:51 AM

Jawjaw, you taught me everything?????? Lawd, woman, you've been busy!!! And I'm surprised that neither of us has gotten arrested in the process (only kidding...???) [Razz] And if you're such a great teacher, how come some of my nearest and dearest call me "humor-impaired?" Or to paraphrase one of my quotes, "My humor and my cooking are an acquired taste... and so far, I'm the only one who's acquired it."
You see what I mean [Roll Eyes]

Re: teen workshop - 10/15/03 02:56 AM

oopss, forgot my manners......THANK YOU [Cool]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: teen workshop - 10/15/03 04:16 AM

Now Ms. M,
Just because you haven't received your certificate from graduating from the "Queen Jawjaw School of Charm," doesn't mean you aren't funny. I think you have a great sense of humor...now as for the cooking...hmmm...coming from someone who tried to cook french fries in water...welll....what can I say? Good thing I'm adorable...am I right? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]