Ironing Boards

Posted by: Louisa

Ironing Boards - 08/30/04 04:23 AM

I just found a great way to use my ironing board. [Smile] I've been trying to find a place to use my laptop and have been having trouble. The dining room table is too high, the coffee table too low. I can't sit on the bed with my legs crossed like Carrie Bradshaw - the legs just won't cooperate. [Roll Eyes] I was ironing some shirts for my husband today, (only because he bought new ones) I ended up blowing a fuse because the A/C is on so I stopped. [Smile]

Well, guess what? You can lower this thing to just about wherever you want it. The heck with the shirts. I'm online instead. If you notice a lot of typos, it's because I can't see the print on the laptop as well. [Big Grin]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Ironing Boards - 08/30/04 05:20 PM

Louisa, you're so funny. Great idea. ALl you have to do is drape a pretty fabric over it and voila...a new piece of functioning furniture. [Wink]

My ironing board (I wish I didn't have one) also adjusts. I bet we could use it for other things too. Hmm, my son and his friends play poker like crazy people. Maybe I could set them up around the ironing board at their preferred level. [Eek!] Too funny!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Ironing Boards - 08/30/04 05:53 PM

Okay, let's go....

Top 10 Uses for Ironing Boards

1. Laptop table
2. Poker table
3. Lemonaide stand
4. Garage Sale table

WHO'S NEXT? Just cut and paste these and add to um...

JJ
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Ironing Boards - 08/30/04 06:18 PM

Alright! I'll add my two cents here:

1. Laptop table
2. Poker table
3. Lemonaide stand
4. Garage Sale table
5. Craft table
6. Gift table

I make differenate kinds of crafts and found that it's a big help to have the ironing board around for small crafts or just when you need some extra crafting space! Also at a b'day party or any small parties at home I dress it up and have some extra space for gifts!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Ironing Boards - 08/31/04 01:27 AM

Heres about a nickel worth...

1.) Laptop table
2.) Poker table
3.) Lemonade stand
4.) Garage sale table
5.) Craft table
6.) Gift table
and
7.) Buffet table
8.) Christmas Train or Village table
9.) Herb & plant starter table (movable to sunny
spots.)

Sorry can't thik of a number 10, jump in here girls.... [Wink]
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Ironing Boards - 08/31/04 03:12 AM

1.) Laptop table
2.) Poker table
3.) Lemonade stand
4.) Garage sale table
5.) Craft table
6.) Gift table
and
7.) Buffet table
spots.)
[Confused] How about...
10) Small book stand (with bookends to keep them in place)
11) Picture display table
12) Curio display stand [Wink]

Re: Ironing Boards - 08/31/04 03:20 AM

1.) Laptop table
2.) Poker table
3.) Lemonade stand
4.) Garage sale table
5.) Craft table
6.) Gift table
7.) Buffet table
spots.)
12) Curio display stand
13) Place to separate laundry and folded clothes

Re: Ironing Boards - 08/31/04 05:56 AM

I could buy another iron and then I'll have bookends! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Louisa
Posted by: Julie

Re: Ironing Boards - 08/31/04 06:11 AM

.) Laptop table
2.) Poker table
3.) Lemonade stand
4.) Garage sale table
5.) Craft table
6.) Gift table
7.) Buffet table
spots.)
12) Curio display stand
13) Place to separate laundry and folded clothes
14) Sewing machine table
15) Sick bed table (you can make it the right height for beside the bed)
16) Building cubby houses on rainy days
17) Slippery dip for toddlers (I don't really recommend this, there are safety issues, sorry, Speakermom)
18) Hanging wet sheets on when it is raining
19) Assembly-line collation of documents
20) Writing Christmas cards while watching TV
21) ...and when my mother cooked for fetes when I was little she put cakes to cool on every available surface - including the ironing board

Re: Ironing Boards - 09/01/04 11:31 AM

Boy we're good. Just turn creative minds loose and see what we can come up with. By the way I used mine to iron on tonight. [Eek!] Boring but true. [Roll Eyes]

Re: Ironing Boards - 09/01/04 02:05 PM

Ahhh...you mean you really DO own an Iron? [Eek!] huh....how bout that.
[Confused]
JJ

Re: Ironing Boards - 09/02/04 07:20 AM

Oh yes, had to dust it off doesn't get taken out often anymore but I do use it for ironing on occassion. Use it more for starter plants though.

Re: Ironing Boards - 09/01/04 08:27 PM

We use our iron too. My daughter works for Build A Bear and her uniform has to be ironed every time she works. They have an ironing board and iron at the store in case someone doesn't have one at home, or they come to work wrinkled. Pretty amazing, huh?

I think it's a great idea. I can't stand being waited on by people in the food industry who wear dirty clothes. IT grosses me out.

I think more business owners should have dress code restrictions.
Posted by: Agate

Re: Ironing Boards - 09/03/04 03:33 PM

When I was a kid, we had a really old ironing board (must have been old because the top was made of wood). My dad removed the legs, put handles on the pointed end and hooked it up to our speed boat. A kid could grab the handles and get pulled around the lake. There was probably something not safe about that... [Roll Eyes]

Re: Ironing Boards - 09/03/04 04:59 PM

Agate, yeah probably something as dangerous as riding in cars without seatbelts, or rolling around in the back of a car making faces at the cars behind you.

What were we thinking? [Eek!]

Re: Ironing Boards - 09/04/04 02:31 AM

I don't know, but it sounds more dangerous than my use of the thing. Of course, the laptop could fall off and land on my foot. Ouch. [Smile]
Louisa
Posted by: Agate

Re: Ironing Boards - 09/05/04 01:42 AM

My cousins and I did some really crazy, dangerous things when we were kids and we spent the summer at my cousins' lake cabin. We used to pull the fishing boat behind the speed boat while another speed boat made waves for us to jump across. We also like to scramble to the front of the fishing boat until it dived under water. Fun! Fun! Fun! [Wink]

We've asked our parents a few times since then if they were trying to get rid of us. They claim they had no idea that we were doing such things. At least we wore life jackets.

Re: Ironing Boards - 09/05/04 09:11 PM

All in the name of fun! It's scary, isn't it? And I'm the mother of three teens. Yikes!
Posted by: Lynn

Re: Ironing Boards - 09/07/04 02:15 PM

I have two modern ironing boards, one regular and one that folds down from the back of a door.

Well, when we were initially getting ready to move. I founjd out my husband had over twenty antique ironing boards! What was he going to do with them? Some he got at acutions and a couple were found when cleaning out family's home.

We got rid of every one except the two I use for all the reasons listed previously.

If you have to iron, why stand up? I sit onthe couch and watch tv.

Lynn

Re: Ironing Boards - 09/07/04 05:11 PM

Lynn, where have I been? i never thought to do that.

It's one of those things where you do what your mom did. She always stood to iron, so do I.

Think outside the box! Duh!

Re: Ironing Boards - 09/07/04 06:17 PM

C-L-E-A-N-E-R-S....people!
Posted by: Lynn

Re: Ironing Boards - 09/08/04 01:24 AM

You are a pistol!!!

Lynn

Re: Ironing Boards - 09/09/04 08:37 PM

Laughing with the queen again! [Big Grin]