upper respiratory stuff. She said she will be offline
for a few days, so hopefully we will hear from her
by next week.

I will lift her up in prayer.

Cindy
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/09/07 11:43 AM

Chatty, Hon!
Hope someone is looking in on you. Here's sending a prayer over to you that you have a speedy recovery. Let us know, if you can, how you are doing.
hugs and a cup of hot tea!
Hannelore
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/09/07 01:16 PM

Oh chatty, sorry to hear you aren't doing well. Please know you are missed and that your BWS friends are thinking fo you, missing you and praying for your speedy recovery and return to the niehgborhood.
Posted by: Laurel

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/09/07 01:31 PM

::Laurel sends Chatty some virtual homemade chicken noodle soup with lots of fresh garlic and homemade bread::

I'm praying for you hon, hope you get to feeling better soon.

Laurel
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/09/07 01:33 PM

Get well, Chat. We'll miss you so hurry back.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/09/07 01:42 PM

So sorry to hear that you're under the weather, Chatty. I'll be thinking of you and sending get well wishes on the wind today...love you, and look forward to hearing your voice here again soon.
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/09/07 02:00 PM

Chatty, you'd better be all well when I come next week! But if you're not, we'll figure something out. Take care!!

Kathy

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/09/07 03:40 PM

Oh, I hope you two get to meet.
Posted by: gims

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/09/07 03:47 PM

Cindy, I'm assuming you have a way to get these messages to her while she's offline. Tell her we're thinking about her in a big way and for her to think only of getting well, if you can.
We're missing her.
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/09/07 04:50 PM

Chatty,
Hope you are feeling better soon and go see the doctor for that illness . My daughter just got over broncitis and had to get meds and bed rest .

Take care my dear friend you are missed so much on here .

blessings, Renee
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/09/07 04:54 PM

Get well soon my friend!
We miss you!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/09/07 08:44 PM

Chatty, get well wishes from me too. Take it easy. Wish I was closer to nurse you back to health.

chick
Posted by: Dee

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/09/07 11:07 PM

Chatty,
I'm sending my get-well angels your way to give you lots of hugs and warm chicken soup and whatever else you need. Come back...we need you!!!!
Posted by: Saundra

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/09/07 11:16 PM

Chatty, I know you're sneeking a peak so get well soon, especially since Kathy's coming to see you. You're going to have a blast!
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/09/07 11:27 PM

Get well ((HUGS)) Chatty...uh...just don't breathe on me, k?
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/10/07 10:25 AM

You guys are so great. I am one sick puppy. Fever, chills, coughing. Oh and you cough, then you pee a little, cough, pee a little, on and on. I am about to go nuts. I can barely talk and my chest is really congested. Got pneumonia last time I had this. Keep your fingers crossed, I hate hospitals.
Mustang thanks for the card, it was sweet. Thanks again ladies for the good thoughts. I'm off to bed again can't seem to stay awake...I'll try posting again in a couple of days...HUGS
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/10/07 02:01 PM

I hope you get better real soon, Chatty.

By the way, where is JJ? I haven't seen her on here either. Is she on vacation?
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/10/07 02:08 PM

Chatty,
Get well soon! We miss you!!!

JJ, has been away for a talk and book signing...she'll be back later today or tomorrow...
Posted by: jabber

Get Well...Re: Update from Chatty - 02/10/07 02:49 PM

Aw...Chatty,
Get well real quick!!! Honey is good. Hot tea is good.
And so is chicken soup! Our BWS prayers will help, too!!!
Keep warm. And wrap in a blanket.
Luv in the Lord,
Ciao for now
Posted by: Anno

Get Well...Re: Update from Chatty - 02/10/07 03:05 PM

Chatty - sorry to hear you are not feeling so grand. Take care of yourself, sweetie, and get well soon. Miss you.

Get Well...Re: Update from Chatty - 02/11/07 02:52 AM

Chatty, have you seen a doctor? Maybe you need an antibiotic to shake this thing before it gets worse. If you lived closer, I'd bring you some of my home made chicken soup. Are you drinking lots of fluids?

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/11/07 04:39 AM

...and drink lemon juice, fresh squeezed. A couple of tablespoons (about 1/2 lemon) in 10 oz. water (purified if possible). Sweeten to taste by adding Grade B maple syrup (organic if possible). Drink 6 lemonades a day, if you can. My mom uses lemon juice and raw honey, and not as much water. Lemon is a natural cleanser and eliminates disease causing germs from our systems.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/12/07 08:13 AM

Hey Chatty,

Get well soon! We miss you!
Posted by: Lola

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/12/07 09:19 PM

Hi, Chatty. Get well soon!!!

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/12/07 09:21 PM

gimster, I've heard of lemon and honey in tea, but never like this. What is Grade B maple syrup?

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/12/07 09:27 PM

I was feeling a bit worn down and purchased a box of emergen-C. Small packets of vitamin C and other vitamins and minerals. 2 or 3 packs a day, disolved in water and in 2 days I was feeling much better. Great stuff.

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/12/07 09:49 PM

Good afternoon, yes its 1:00 PM and I just dragged my butt out of bed. I have been literally living on tea with lemon and honey and also fresh squeezed lemon and organic honey mixed in a jar and when the coughing starts up I take a couple of tablespoons. I am taking enough vitamin C and other supplements, to vitamize an entire football team. The coughing seems to be slowing down a bit but still have the fever although its out of the 100's, also its very hard to breathe when walking just a few feet....
I'd pop in and read your messages and that helped alot as well. Plus the cards and private messages. Got a phone call from Janis (Smilinize) yesterday checking on me and heard how I sound, not a pretty sound (or sight) either. I swear I could carry a weeks worth of groceries in the bags under my eyes. Pray they go back to normal soon please, LOL! I may stop in later today and see whats cooking but for now off to make more chicken soup....Love you all and thanks for thinking of me....it truly helps.
Celtic I hope you and your son feel better soon as well.

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/12/07 10:05 PM

Early season saps are used for Grade A light and medium ambers and have less mineral content.

Midseason saps are used for Grade A darker ambers and have more mineral content.

End season saps are used for Grade B, which have the most mineral content.

Lemon is God's cleansing fruit. My mom eats lemons or grapefruits daily, if she can. She'll eat a lemon, rind and all. The rind contains other essential vitamins that are beneficial to the body, so it's better when the whole lemon is used.

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/12/07 10:51 PM

Chatty,
Glad you were able to post an update. It's lonely without your words of wit and wisdom! Hope you feel better soon!

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/14/07 06:54 AM

Spoke to Kathy who called from California and am hoping to feel well enough to meet with her on the 15th. but right now my fever is up again to 102*. I feel kind of like someone hit me with a bus, so it doesn't look good. Please pray for me, I need the Boomers in my corner to get past this, whatever it is, no one seems to know for sure....Thanks!

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/14/07 06:58 AM

for you...

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/14/07 08:09 AM

Chatty have you called a doctor? Do they make house calls? I'm a big fan of natural medicines, but sometimes only stronger medication can really help.
Thanks for dragging yourself out of bed to give us an update. Sending a get well prayer your way.

Hannelore
Posted by: Poppie

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/14/07 09:07 AM

Chatty honey...it sounds like you may need antibiotics pet! You sound sooo poorly and of course we will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Celtic and the Ba are doing much better. Get well real soon...you are sooooo missed around the forums

Big ole Irish hugs for ya

Popea
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/14/07 10:00 AM

I came down too with a similar virus.Bang....I thought my head had a war going on with fireworks too..In the middle of the night two days ago life was very fragile.
Its not just the virus...its how it leaves us...so Chatty keep your antenna up.Waterworks etc..
Remember when we were kids...there was a period we were recovering and and not yet at school.I would get to go to the grocery store with my Grandma...
head lowered in case people thought I was "skiving"
Antibiotics mean we can get back on track quicker but a week taking care is beneficial.
So Chatty......come round to my place for coffee...
Mountain ash
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/15/07 09:25 PM

Chatty, please see a doctor! We're all worried about you.

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/15/07 10:41 PM

Who's heard from her lately? I'm going to PM her.

chick

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/15/07 11:03 PM

Dear Chatty, please see a doctor so you can get well. You've been down too long trying to do it yourself. Love, hugs, and prayers.

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/15/07 11:05 PM

Yes, Chatty, get thee to a doc. We need you.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/16/07 03:07 AM

Chatty, would you like an unscheduled visit from a crowd of angry boomer women? I think not.

GO TO THE DOCTOR. Don't make me come out there.

And then tell us what he says. Remember, we luv ya hun...JJ
Posted by: orchid

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/16/07 03:34 AM

Get well Chatty...and come back, ok?

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/16/07 06:41 AM

I was supposed to meet up with her today in Vegas, but she never answered her phone all afternoon. Has anyone talked to her? I'm kind of worried.

I spoke with her on Tuesday afternoon and she was still running a slight fever and sounded very congested. We made plans to talk on Thursday while I was in town to see if she felt like getting together, but as I mentioned, she didn't answer her phone or return my calls.

Anyone know anything?
Kathy
Posted by: Lola

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/16/07 06:50 AM

Are you back in CA now, Kathy? If you could please try again with a phone call to Chatty. Just to make sure she's alright. Many thanks.

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/16/07 08:23 AM

Maybe she's taking antibiotics and other medicine to make her sleepy. But yes, Kathy please call her again, and let us know when or if you've reached her.
Hope you had a good time in Vegas anyway; win anything?

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/16/07 11:17 AM

I finally got an antibiotic, Azithromycin and it has knocked me on my butt. I took two yesterday, and am suppose to take one more everyday for 6 days. I just hope they work.

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/16/07 01:44 PM

Prayer coming your way, Chats...JJ

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/16/07 01:59 PM

The flu has been going around here in Oklahoma. On the news they said that several kids have been out sick with it. There are so many strains of it that even people who had the flu shot have gotten sick.

What was your diagnosis, Chatty? Glad you went to the doctor and got meds.

Laure.
Posted by: Emyjay

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/16/07 02:34 PM

Chatty,

Glad you got an antibiotic, because I was starting to think that you might have bronchitis.

That "Z" pack you are taking should start knocking the bug out of your system within the next day. But, you need to take care of yourself -- make yourself stay in and in bed --even when you feel better. That particular antibiotic keeps working for a week afte the last dose. But, it can't work if you don't work with it.

I'm a big fan of Dr. Andrew Weil, MD, who practices "integrated" medicine. He's a Harvard Medical School Grad plus lives in Arizona, where he has spent his career studying Native American medicine.

Dr. Weil is a big, big proponent of rest when your body is not well. Rest is what he says we need to do as soon as we begin to feel ill. Normally, most people pop a pain reliever and keep going. This, he says, goes against what your body is telling you to do.

Anyway, I haven't been on these boards for very long, but I've read enough of your posts to have you pictured as a go getter. (Also, a very compassionate and fun person!) My vote is that you follow Dr. Weil's advice.

I like that lemon idea. I like all of the natural remedies that people have posted on this board. Not glad you got sick, Chatty, but this has turned out to be an educational and helpful thread.

As we say on the Cocker Spaniel boards, Ted E. Bear, Krissy, Nicholas, and It's A Belle are sending "cocker prayers" your way, Chatty!

And I'm send a prayer your way, also!

Emily in frozen over Maryland

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/16/07 03:17 PM

Glad to hear you're okay, Chatty!

Hannelore, I actually came out about $300 ahead - just enough to pay for my room, meals, gas, and still have about $50 left over. Much better than the last time I went to Vegas!

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/16/07 08:56 PM

Chatty, glad you went to the doc. Kathy, didn't know you had lady luck as a companion. Good for you. One of the few to beat the odds.

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/16/07 11:32 PM

Hey, First Dianne does good in Vegas and now Kathy. Maybe it pays to be a BWS member.

Take care, Chatty. We all miss you here.
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/16/07 11:37 PM

well with diannes wins and now cathy forgive me for thinking that its a lucky town for bommer women....maybee i could go relive my growning credit cards lol

chatty glade to hear from you love the place just isent the same without your witt and sharp points of views

common back, gie us sum caricter lass
celtic

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/17/07 02:17 AM

Chatty, still sending healthy thoughts and prayers your way. We miss you girlfriend.

Kathy, did you go to Vegas just to gamble or were you there for another reason? Just wondering if you're a real gambler...

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/17/07 03:43 PM

Dotsie, I went for the WWIN Show. (Women's Wear in Nevada) It's a show where retailers can see and order the fall fashions for their stores. I met with Kendra from Wicking J Sleepwear for dinner Wednesday night - great meeting and our working relationship is only getting better and better.

Then Saturday I shopped the show. I was looking for blouses and such that are moisture wicking. Found a few things. Some are very pretty basics, like a tank, tee, and 3/4 sleeve top, but they are made of moisture wicking fabric and they have moisture wicking slenderizing panels inside.

I may add these to my online store sometime this spring.

I do love to gamble, but rarely go to Vegas just for that. I try to find another excuse (like the WWIN Show) so I can combine trips. This trip I came out about $300 ahead, so it paid for my hotel, gas, meals, with about $100 left over. That was kind of nice!

Kathy
Posted by: Sugaree

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/17/07 04:52 PM

Chatty! Hope you're fine by now (just coming in on the chat here). Sorry to hear you're sick. I had a virus/flu or something a couple of weeks ago. I sure hope that's not what you're experiencing. NOT GOOD! I don't even wanna talk about it...may spread and come back! Yuk! If it's the same thing, the only thing that worked for me was lots of medicine induced sleep. Meds only helped with the symptoms of runny nose, head ache, fever, coughy, stuffy nose...sound like a NightQuil commercial? Yeah, I felt like the start of one too. Vicks helped with the stuffy nose if you haven't reached back that far and a humidifier with the methol liquid. Good health!
Posted by: Sugaree

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/17/07 04:54 PM

oh nooo, I'm listed as a stranger! Dotsie, why????

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/18/07 04:57 AM

Hi stranger. Just kidding. Glad to see you back here.
Chatty is still weak and very little appetite. She has a friend looking after her to make sure she eats something. She is on meds so hopefully it won't be long before she's back on board.

chick

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/18/07 01:25 PM

Sugaree,

Stranger is the classification until you have a certain number of posts...it freaked me out when I first saw it by my name, too...the cure is to get posting and it will change!

Chatty,

How are you girl? Better I hope!

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/23/07 12:11 PM

Ok, has anyone heard from the Chatster? I can't get a PM through. Chatty, if you're reading this, I am wondering if you're feeling better.

chick

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/23/07 12:34 PM

I sent her an email, but no answer.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/23/07 02:05 PM

I haven't heard from her either. Five people in MN have died from this flu. I'll try to call her later today.
Posted by: Emyjay

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/23/07 02:43 PM

Kathy,

My sister and I would be very interested in the moisture wicking 3/4 in. sleeve tops, you mentioned. Are they plain, prints, etc.

Hope you add them to your online store.

Emily in Maryland, where it got cold again

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/24/07 02:15 AM

Okay, it's been a while. Where's our Chatty??? I miss her smiling voice here.

I hope you're feeling better, resting and taking care of yourself.

Laurel

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/24/07 02:17 AM

Laurel,
I posted a message in another forum topic about Chatty. I talked with her today and she is feeling a little better. She should be back in here soon! I know she'll be glad to see your message.
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/24/07 03:29 AM

i am glade to heer you have talked to her and that she is on the mend....its quite and just not the same without her being heer.

celtic
Posted by: diamond50

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/24/07 09:23 AM

Thanks, JJ. Chatty, glad you are feeling better!
Cindy

Re: Update from Chatty - 02/24/07 01:38 PM

Thanks for calling chatty, JJ. I appreciate the update.