Use of the forum questions!

Posted by: dancer9

Use of the forum questions! - 06/09/07 12:24 AM

Hi all! I've been loving catching up and learning so much from the topics you have all discussed here. My question is about the number of replies each post has!
Do new posts pop up often?
I ask because each time I have a comment on a post there are aleardy pages of posts! This is, of course, good, very good for the person who starts the thread but I feel like what I may have to say could be obsolete, for example!
So,...Do new posts appear and if so, about how often?
I like to come here and read but would love to contribute!
Thank you for reading,
dancer, feeling a bit useless!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Use of the forum questions! - 06/09/07 01:00 AM

Hey Dancer -- the heading above new posts will appear in a different color. There are different backgrounds you can choose for your reading here. I'm on the one with purple "paper" and my new posts appear in lime green. (Go to "My home" to choose a reading "skin.") Also -- when I'm on the main page of the forum, there will be a yellow light bulb next to all topics that have had new posts since I last visited.

Some topics get a ton of replies; some, hardly any. There is no set number.

If I were you -- and this is what I do when I'm missing for a few weeks -- is read the posts from a set date -- I usually don't go back more than a week -- and reply from there. If the topic is more controversial, you might want to read back a little further.

On more mundane topics, I wouldn't worry about repeating, because probably everyone has forgotten the earlier posts by now.
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Use of the forum questions! - 06/09/07 01:41 AM

I'm on here almost daily, so I just go to "Active Topics" at the top of the page. That lets me see what everyone's been up to most recently.

Kathy
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Use of the forum questions! - 06/09/07 09:34 AM

Me too...but sometimes miss from the maim index but join in later.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Use of the forum questions! - 06/10/07 11:53 PM

Dancer, from my experience here, and you can see I have a lots ot it, no matter how many answers a poster receives, each and every one contains a different twist on the answer, so please don't be limited in your responses because a thread has umteen answers. Yours may have something no one else thought of and if its the same as all the others, so be it!! The original poster has one more bit of wisdom to draw from. So post away!!!