Yes, go ahead and whine!

Posted by: Dotsie

Yes, go ahead and whine! - 07/05/03 04:08 PM

Right after posting about the blessing forum I come here to ask your advice on a new forum which totally contradicts my post about blessings.

Anyway, I believe we also need to be able to whine about life when we have something that is really getting to us. It is therapuetic and often while writing...our problem and solution can be made clear.

What are your thoughts on adding a forum titled "WHINE", or do you think people can whine in any of the forums?
Posted by: Candice Johnson

Re: Yes, go ahead and whine! - 07/07/03 04:02 AM

Whining just seems very negative to me. I think people vent and complain in all the forums. To be honest, I would probably never want to go and look at what was being posted in the whining forum because I know it would be all negative.
Posted by: lionspaaw

Re: Yes, go ahead and whine! - 07/08/03 03:08 AM

I see your point Candice -- BUT [Smile]

Sometimes I don't want to "whine" in the other areas because I don't want to damper anyone's day or thoughts, but if I had a place that I knew everyone was EXPECTING to hear whining -- I might feel more comfortable opening up. In a "whining" subject area -- you can choose to read it or not -- depending on your mood -- and like I said -- you'll KNOW in advance that it's going to be a "whine".

Plus, when you let a "whine" OUT and actually "hear" it -- it usually, sometimes, isn't as bad as you think it is -- thus either the "whine" turns into a "whimper" or a solution gets offered or you come up with a thought yourself and before you know it -- negative turns into positive.

[Big Grin] just my 2 cents worth
Posted by: Kathryn

Re: Yes, go ahead and whine! - 07/10/03 02:31 PM

Dots, how about "I need a hug" or "My favorite 'whine' is not chablis" , or "A very fine whine" as a name for the forum topic. That way we can still whine (like I don't whine in every topic, i am an equal opportunity whiner!)
and maybe find some humor in our situation at the same time.

Re: Yes, go ahead and whine! - 07/10/03 04:50 PM

Kathryn...you go girl. [Big Grin]

I believe you just won a Friends Heal Friends t-shirt from the Gift Shop on this site for naming our new forum.

I like it, "A very fine whine".

What do you think ladies? Sounds like a fun forum to me!
Posted by: lionspaaw

Re: Yes, go ahead and whine! - 07/10/03 10:57 PM

[Big Grin]

I LOVE IT !!!!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Yes, go ahead and whine! - 07/11/03 11:07 PM

Perfect! I LIKE IT!

Re: Yes, go ahead and whine! - 08/09/03 02:09 AM

I love it too! And whining isn't all negative... I have quite often found answers to my dilemmas while in the middle of a rant or a whine... so it can be a really positive experience! And sometimes I only discover that I know something when someone else asks a question... so I say it's all good! Well, maybe not screaming and cursing and such, but it's almost all, all good!
Love,
Lil