Wanna neck?

Posted by: chickadee

Wanna neck? - 04/23/05 10:27 PM

People are always telling me...You look so young for your age. One day an old fella said to me, "you can tell a woman's age by her neck, women go in the neck first." Bless his heart, D**n his soul.

I think he's right. If I has a neck tightening, I'd look younger there too. Wonder what it costs?

Would I have one...in a heartbeat. It's a for my eyes only, to please me, me, me! Vanity? I don't know.

Would I have any other work like a facelift? Never, but I think I'd keep tightening my neck til I could wear my belly button as a neck charm. [Roll Eyes]

Anyone had neck - surgery?

chick
Posted by: Danita

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/23/05 10:48 PM

Chick,

This is why "wise (ahem) older women" say, "take care of your neck while you are young"!

We often don't do our skincare routine on our necks...and it shows. darn!

Gravity is an awful thing! lol

danita
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/23/05 11:22 PM

Isn't that referred to as "turkey neck?" Gobble, gobble....LOL [Confused] [Big Grin]
Posted by: Danita

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/23/05 11:30 PM

ahhhh yup!

D.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/23/05 11:45 PM

I'll fess up. I had a complete face lift including forehead and neck ten years ago. What do you want to know?

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/24/05 12:19 AM

My neck is a heredity thing... [Frown]

How much does it cost and was it worth it? Would you do it again? How long does it last and did anyone besides YOU notice the difference.

Dianne, you are a beautiful looking woman...would you say that the procedure helped keep you that way?

And...tell me more...Any bad things?

chick

[ April 23, 2005, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/24/05 01:48 AM

At that time and I had a top plastic surgeon, it ran around $16,000. I have never had wrinkles, still don't. My face was just starting to droop. I needed a refresher.

Was it worth it. I can't really say. It made me not look so tired. I was really swollen for about six months tho and you have to sleep sitting up or you'll get really swollen, I mean a fat head! I also had bruising for about 4-6 weeks. Even my chin was black and blue and I figured the doctor put his foot there when he was pulling the skin up. [Eek!] Just teasing.

I looked the same, just a younger version of me. I didn't have any other cosmetic things done.

When you come out of surgery and for the first 24 hours, you have these rubber hose drains with tubes attached in about four places that drains excess blood. I was pretty high and slung my head around, telling everyone to look at my earrings.

Would I do it again? Probably not. I know I'll never have any type of cosmetic surgery performed again. It took a lot out of me. It was about a four hour surgery and they put me on morphine for the first few hours.

It hurts. That's a bad thing. You're laid up for about a week and housebound even longer. My sister also had it done but she was up and around sooner than I was.

It depends on how bad you need it, the results. My husband was really against it but it was my face not his.

Any other questions?

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/24/05 08:04 PM

Dianne, thanks for ALL the info. I think I'll pass up having any work done! I don't have wrinkles, just a couple of creases that run across my neck. Maybe I'll just leave everything alone...for now. [Cool]

chick

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/25/05 01:51 AM

Wrinkles aren't the end of the world and a woman usually ages gracefully anyhow. I have and will continue to enjoy every stage of life I am lucky enough to experience. Wrinkled yep, one day, and that too I will embrace. I hope???? [Big Grin]

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/26/05 07:01 AM

I am now aging gracefully and proud of it. My mom is almost 80 and still doesn't have wrinkles. We have really good skin. I gave myself the gift of a face lift for all the abuse I had been through that wore me down. That and owning that DQ that really owned me and made me long for rest and quiet. Just my gift for me.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/26/05 07:02 AM

I know someone who had a chin job and you'd never know it. It looks the same. [Frown]

I also know another person who had all the fat sucked out of the gut and thighs. It's back! You have to change the way you eat. It won't stay away forever.

As far as the neck goes...wear turtlenecks.

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/26/05 07:02 AM

P.S. You have to determine if you're a wrinkler or drooper. I was a drooper.

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/26/05 03:58 AM

Wrinkler or drooper, how funny and one of those is called Turkey neck but which one? Humm!!! [Confused]
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/26/05 05:22 AM

I am a wrinkled drooper or a droopy wrinkler with a turkey neck.

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/27/05 07:07 AM

You gals are too funny. I think the turkey neck might just be a hanger.

Oh...getting the fat sucked out just grosses me. I saw it done on tv and almost passed out. I can't imagine how much that would hurt.

A friend had a tummy tuck and said it was the worst thing she's ever been through. But she loves the way her tummy looks now. You couldn't pay me to have that done.
Posted by: leigha

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/26/05 10:09 PM

To all you lovely ladies.

The secret to youth lies within the stomach and spleen. The stomach (based on Chinese medicine) receives, and its energy sends food downwards, its nutrients to be absorbed by the body.

The spleen controls and feeds the tissue, the tendons, and the muscles and has an upward energy, which sends blood to the face and extremities.

If you nurture your stomach and spleen with the proper foods, the stomach and spleen stay lush, the blood remains vital, circulation remains strong and the skin helps retain its lushness and suppleness.

Vitamin C also keeps the cells young, and the skin lush. You have to keep to a specific dosage that is designed for you. Too many anti-oxidants have a reverse and toxic effect. ( remember I'm not a doctor, this is just what I've learned from different texts by people whose knowledge I have found to be quite interesting and profound, ie doctors who went on their own journey not buying into the system of knowledge that is a bandaid, rather an understanding that everyone is individual and had different chemistry and energetic patterns, which can never be observed by western medicine because they work through a formula, where there are only a few medicines designed to fit all people.)Textbook answers.

RE AGING
It is the depletion of energy or a counterflow of energy within the meridiens within the body that create stress and thus aging. That's a simple answer. There are other aspects of energy that have to be taken into consideration as well.

I'll be 44 this year and I am working on repairing my own body. I became emaciated in 1989 and it lasted for over a decade, tissue degredation throughout my body, breathing shot to hell. They said on my blood tests that I had had a splenectomy, which means that I had had my spleen removed. It was just used up. Spending years fighting death I read hundreds of books, my mind constantly on a deadline, not your usual 5 0'clock deadline, but a lights out deadline.

The spleen is the seat of the mind and is closely connected to the heart energy. It's very important to bring balance to your day and to eat right, exercise and I don't mean full on but a gentleness that doesn't aggravate the energy. ie tai chi, which is generally a martial arts exercise or qi gong which is a medical exercise as it works on the deeper energies within. Find your own rhythm. I found for myself, a slowness builds power and strength within the energy. Rapid movement can drain energy.

You see everything is energy.

The 13 meridians are governed by different energies. The electrons in every cell are linked directly to the neural processes in the brain and the mind's thoughts. What you think has energy and that energy instantly immerses, or the thought immerses within certain cells within your body.

It is possible to have a beautiful life if you understand energy, its secrets and how energy affects your health, your relationship and your finances.

The zen of life ladies, energy, its knowledge power!

Have a nice day everybody and remember, life is just what you decide it will be. The power of intention is a creative force outside of our minds and it is the power to change our lives, because it is the power within us, a seed, a kernal of great magnetic beauty, the creative force itself, a specific energy that can change all of our lives.

Jesus once said, Speak the word and it will be.
He knew the creative power within energy, thought and sound. He had mastered energy and that is why miracles occured.It was also an essene teaching, those teachings which nurtured him when he was young, the understanding of energy and its mastery

There are many other examples in the Buddhist faith.

Enjoy the day! It's really hot up here.

Love Leigha

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/26/05 11:19 PM

Thanks Leigha!

Do you happen to have any info on liver or liver cleansing? That would interest me.

I just recently received your book and I'm taking it to Florida with me to read. Can't wait.

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/27/05 12:24 AM

Dianne I have taken Milk Thistle with Silymarin for many years now, it is a liver supporter and cleanser. It has made all the difference and should be taken by anyone taking drugs of any kind. You should be able to find reading material on this.....Only take the Milk Thistle that has 70/80% Silymarin...

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/27/05 12:51 AM

Okay. Thanks. I'll get some. What other vitamins do you take, Chatty?

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/27/05 12:52 AM

P.S. Forgot to mention that I got my life scans back and I'm in good shape as far as they show. However, my bone density is just a little bit under normal. So my next questions is: what is the very best form of calcium. I take a pill every single day but I guess it's not good enough.
Posted by: leigha

Re: Wanna neck? - 04/27/05 01:21 AM

Dear Dianne

Chatty lady is right. Milk Thistle works great. There are other aspects to the liver, such as the blood within the liver. When the blood is properly nourished within the liver then you can get a more optimum response.

Some people get dizzy and the cause of that can be the liver yang rising to the head due to blood depletion at the liver level or kidney level.

The chinese doctors and text books give a great understanding of how to regenerate the body's systems and organs.

I'm glad that your life scans came back fine Dianne.

The best form of calcium has:
calcium MHA 666mg
magnesium fumarate 333mg
vitamin d 200iu

You should always take magnesium with calcium and the magnesium should be half the dose. I get this combination from a naturopathic doctor.

Enjoy your trip to Florida and I hope you enoy Sunblood. It's an unusual story Dianne with a bit of prophecy within it, energy I felt in the early 90's.

It was written to prevent what I felt was coming in regard to world events. It was also written to give people an understanding or awareness of the whole, how everything is interconnected within one's life and within our environment, including politics and economics.

Leigha