For boomer weight watchers

Posted by: Songbird

For boomer weight watchers - 03/29/05 08:28 AM

We've always known that fruits and veggies are good to stay healthy and fight obesity. Here are a few easy tips I learned:

[Smile] -Substituting a meal with cabbage salad helps to stay slim.
[Razz] -Ripe tomatoes for breakfast (early AM )help reduce weight if done consistently for 2-3 months.
[Cool] -Also, celery makes the body burn more calories than what it gives, so it's great for weight watchers!

[Big Grin] Happy weight watching [Big Grin] !
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: For boomer weight watchers - 03/28/05 10:06 PM

It seems to be a regular pastime these days and I don't like it one little bit.

Thanks for the good information, especially after a day of eating! Easter!
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: For boomer weight watchers - 03/29/05 01:42 AM

Those tips are a great reminder. I too need the reminder after Easter baskets!

I even had raw veggies for lunch today. Yumm!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: For boomer weight watchers - 03/29/05 03:37 AM

good tips Songbird...I've taken to drinking my breakfast. V-8. I love that stuff. I've dropped 15 lbs. It sure is coming off slow, but at least my thighs stopped rubbing against each other when I walk now therefore, no more fires.

JJ
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: For boomer weight watchers - 03/29/05 08:00 AM

Songbird by cabbage salad do you mean coleslaw?

That V-8 juiced is soooo good for you too JJ. I love the stuff and buy the low sodium. It seems to me that slower weight loss seems to stay gone more than when you drop it too fast.

Dotsie hang in there, weight loss is ongoing and everlasting for us all.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: For boomer weight watchers - 03/30/05 08:09 AM

jawjaw, congrats! That's quite an accomplishment. The thought of the fire makes me squirm.

Chatty, I know I sound like a whiner, but until the past few years I never had to think twice about what I ate. I guess I should count my blessings that I didn't have to battle this all my life. Yup...counting blessings changes my perspective!
Posted by: Songbird

Re: For boomer weight watchers - 03/29/05 10:14 PM

JJ: Congratulations! I love the V-8 juice and also buy the low sodium kind. I'll have the same problem if I don't watch my weight. So I guess I better stick to eating wisely [Big Grin] .

Chatty: I don't think it refers to coleslaw, the mayo is not good for anyone trying to loose wheight. I believe it's just cabbage as the main ingredient, or even just plain cabbage. But the artilce I read said "cabbage salad".

Dots: I agree with you. It's a blessing not to deal with counting calories every single day of your life! [Wink] Not all of us had it that way. [Smile]

[Big Grin] I'm planning to have some cabbage today!!! [Big Grin]

[ March 29, 2005, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Songbird ]