hot water and lemon?

Posted by: Dotsie

hot water and lemon? - 11/18/04 12:20 AM

I exercised next to a woman today who shared her new diet fad. She lost 10 pounds last month and only lost 3-4 pounds the month prior. She attributes it to drinking a cup of hot water with the juice of a half lemon every morning. She heard it on Oprah...where else?

Have you heard about this?

Lemons all around!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: hot water and lemon? - 11/18/04 12:24 AM

That would be hunkey dorey if you could throw your head back and pour a half a bag of sugar down your throat to chase it...

What?

JJ
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: hot water and lemon? - 11/18/04 12:26 AM

My best friend Sandie lost over 130 pounds and you will never see her without a bottle of spring water in her hand into which shes squeezed a half of lemon. She's been doing this for 2 years now and swears by it. The water keeps you feeling full and irrigated while the lemon actually cuts fat!! Don't know about Oprah but I know it worked for Sandie, this is a gal that never exercises either.... [Wink]
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: hot water and lemon? - 11/19/04 08:59 AM

Watch out, there's gonna be a rush on lemons. Better go get them now.
Posted by: Elsielc

Re: hot water and lemon? - 11/18/04 10:44 PM

Does having tea with lemon cookies count???

Re: hot water and lemon? - 11/18/04 11:02 PM

I DO like the way you think Ms E!

Re: hot water and lemon? - 11/19/04 04:13 AM

Elsie, boy I sure hope so just plain water and lemon tastes awful to me. I have to add sweetener and make lemonade, and that doesn't seem to work as well...? [Frown]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: hot water and lemon? - 11/28/04 03:57 PM

I bought the lemons a week ago and still haven't started doing this. Go figure! Maybe I'll get started now that I've turned myself in. [Big Grin]
Posted by: Marg1959

Re: hot water and lemon? - 09/07/05 01:57 AM

Hi everyone,
I started drinking hot water & lemon twice a day (usually with lunch and dinner) about a year ago. I have dropped 21 pounds and have kept it off by doing this (and of course, exercising and cutting back on fat and calories).

I do believe it works!

Re: hot water and lemon? - 09/07/05 02:02 AM

Margo,
21 pounds? That's excellent! How long a period did it take to do that? Course, I'm still looking for that miracle "thing" that's going to have me wake up one morning and this excess baggage is gone...righttttt

JJ

Re: hot water and lemon? - 09/07/05 04:26 AM

JJ you and I need to go and stay with Smilinize for about 3 months. I will cook only delicious very low in calorie meals and we will have an excellent exercise regimen. You can expect an adequate weight lose but only this way. Together we are powerful, alone we are wishy washy..sad but true. Geesh!

Re: hot water and lemon? - 09/07/05 04:32 AM

Dear Wishy-Washy Sistah...I'm in. Now...how do you convince SMILES that she needs to host us? I'll leave that up to you since you're the brains of this outfit.

What shall we call ourselves? The Wishy-Washy Boomer Babes? WWBB? Yes? No?

How bout the (since SMILES lives there)Oklahoma Thunder Thighs Association? OTTA?

What?

JJ
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: hot water and lemon? - 09/07/05 04:42 AM

OOOh, oooh (hand dancing in the air) can I be an OTTA too? Please, with an oreo on top? (Are we allowed oreos in OTTA?)

That would make a great t-shirt!

Or pantie-line.

I want to go see Smile too!

Re: hot water and lemon? - 09/07/05 05:10 AM

wellllllllllllll....ooooook. Since you were so nice about it and waited your turn to wave your hand in the air...and since you are bringing Oreo's for everybody...

YOUR IN!

JJ

Now...who's gonna tell Smiles? I'mmmmmm not gonna...
Posted by: Marg1959

Re: hot water and lemon? - 09/07/05 05:23 AM

JJ - did I neglect to say it took me about 2-3 months to see results. BUT I was religious about drinking the hot water/lemon concoction twice a day. You have to be in order for it to work! I still do it and am still down about 20 pounds, and I do eat....believe me..I do! Give it a try!

Re: hot water and lemon? - 09/07/05 05:39 AM

Hey, I think it is a great idea. I mean, what do I have to lose? (no pun intended)

Here's a dumb question for ya...

Do you just drink one "8 ounce glass," twice a day?

JJ
Posted by: karenelaine1977

Re: hot water and lemon? - 09/07/05 12:58 PM

I have double-stuffed Oreos! Anyone want one?

Re: hot water and lemon? - 09/07/05 03:36 PM

Karen,
I'm in. Pass the double-stuffs!

JJ

Re: hot water and lemon? - 09/07/05 06:41 PM

JJ, Don't forget the lemon-water with those DSO's.

BTW, I don't think I can join OTTA. Lemons give me wrinkles. Seriously. Everytime I eat or drink anything with lemons, my face twists and squeezes all up into these funny contortions, leaving wrinkles behind everywhere. I can't live the rest of my life like that, in constant contortions.

Soooo, pass the chocolate please.
Posted by: Fiftyandfine

Re: hot water and lemon? - 09/07/05 06:55 PM

W-h-a-a-a-t? Does it only work with HOT water? I'm in Florida and it's too hot to drink anything hot.
Oh, and given that I've gained 30 pounds this summer (steroid medications, thank you so-o-o-o much) I feel like I oughta be allowed in OTTA, too.
Ok, so that was lame, but that should just make you pity me more and take me in, right?

Re: hot water and lemon? - 09/08/05 07:05 AM

Fiftyand fine, I caught it. That was lame. Even without the 30 pound gain, that should get you in.

Now back to me, ahem, does iced tea with a squirt of lemon count?

I didn't REALLY mean "back to me"...

[ September 07, 2005, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]