ISP

Posted by: Anonymous

ISP - 06/29/08 01:18 PM

Whose your ISP (internet service provider)? I've AT&T which cost o/a $45 per month (WiFi); yet, looking for something cheaper.
Posted by: gims

Re: ISP - 06/29/08 09:22 PM

We have a local ISP through our local telephone service provider (the only one in the area - AT&T doesn't even have a presence in our city).
Posted by: Q_ball

Re: ISP - 06/29/08 10:02 PM

I get DSL through our local phone, it's 37/mo + the additional cost for the phone line. which we've had for years and hate to give up a land line & all our elder relatives can't grasp a new phone number IE: Cell phones. Too, now it's manditory I have a land line for work right now. Soon though we are going wireless with our devices but for internet I still need the landline. Hughes net is 59 or 69/mo.
Like Gims we're pretty limited, due to rural area here.
Posted by: diamond50

Re: ISP - 06/30/08 07:59 AM

Our DSL provider is the same as our landline provider. Makes things simple.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: ISP - 07/01/08 01:42 AM

I had a techie friend tell me before I got DSL: always use the same provider for both; otherwise, if anything goes wrong, you'll be in tech help limbo FOREVER because each side will blame the other.

We pay $30/month +taxes for DSL and landline.
Posted by: keyholes

Re: ISP - 07/02/08 12:39 AM

I got DSL, not wi-fi, through AT&T. Bundled in with my home phone, cell, and cable TV. Costs usually increase with DSL depending upon the speed you get. I have the mid-tier package (3 Mbps), which is fine for most things I do. Cost is about $25 a month when I break out the costs from my monthly package bill. But with DSL, you need to be "wired" to the internet and can't roam around free with your laptop....