The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 58 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#126092 - 08/21/07 02:29 AM Graphics
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, silly me should know this, yet how on earth does one exhibit graphics, pictures, etc. w/in postings on this site? Thanks gals!

#126093 - 08/21/07 03:48 AM Re: Graphics [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
just put a bracket before the URL (or web address) of the image you want to put in the body, and put an ending bracket with a / in front of it. I'll try to demonstrate here. The address of the picture goes in between the set of brackets. Make sense?

[image] [/image]

#126094 - 08/21/07 02:44 PM Re: Graphics [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm still lost. My computer doesn't like me.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#126095 - 08/21/07 05:56 PM Re: Graphics [Re: Dianne]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Dianne and MustangGal, call me or email me if you still need help. You can get the number off my website.

Kathy

#126096 - 08/21/07 07:47 PM Post Pictures! It's Easy! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Because so many of you would like to post pictures, I thought I would explain this step by step. This may seem very long…but I don't want to leave out any detail.

Here goes:

1. If you want to post personal pictures, you must have your private digital photographs saved on your computer.

2. You can also pick out pictures from the internet, copy them and post them here.

3. To place a picture in your post, you have to first download your saved picture in your computer to a neutral photo site on the internet. It's from this site that you can copy and then place in your post.
The next steps will explain this.

……………………… Okay? .......... So far so good?............................................................

4. A good photo site is photo bucket. Here is the link. http://photobucket.com/
It doesn't cost a thing. You have to become a member. Just click on the "join now" button…and they will tell you what to do step by step. It's very easy.

5. When you are logged in, you will be able to upload any picture stored in your computer. Of course you have to know where you stored it, so you can search it there, and then download it.

6. After you have downloaded the picture, scroll a little down and you can see your photo. If the picture is very large, you must edit it. This is important, because if it's too big it slows down the forum. Over the picture you will see the word edit. A good resize is the "website size". It's listed under edit. Just click on it.

Is your picture smaller? Great! We're almost finished.

7. On the right side, next to your picture you will see a slot titled "Direct Link". Mark the entire link. It should turn blue. Click on the right button on your mouse, click on copy, and copy this link.

Now go back to the forum where you would like to post your picture.

8. You post whatever you want to say as usual. To add a picture you scroll a little down.
Next to the graemlins you see the title "Instant UBB Code".

9. Click on "Image", and a window will appear! Paste your link that you had copied into the slot. First mark the http, and cover it with your own http. I placed mine in:
looks like this: http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l104/Hannelore_01/0361.jpg

10. Don't panic. You won't see your image yet. You only see it when you click on continue, and then you can decide if you want to submit.

11. You can use the same principal when you want to copy something from Utube. Then you put it under the Code URL. You can also use images and even videos already in photobucket.

In the beginning it seems to be terribly complicated, but after awhile it's all routine. If anything is unclear, , please let me know.

#126097 - 08/21/07 09:34 PM Re: Post Pictures! It's Easy! [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Thanks Granny Hanny!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#126098 - 08/21/07 09:46 PM Re: Post Pictures! It's Easy! [Re: Dianne]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

trying it...if it works, it's my silly grandson.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#126099 - 08/21/07 09:46 PM Re: Post Pictures! It's Easy! [Re: Dianne]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Okay, it didn't work. I'll try again later.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#126100 - 08/22/07 01:59 AM Re: Post Pictures! It's Easy! [Re: Dianne]
Anonymous
Unregistered

JJ, Kathy, and Hannelore - Thank you!

#126101 - 08/22/07 07:09 AM Re: Post Pictures! It's Easy! [Re: ]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Applause! Mustang! Applause !

Dianne, when you insert your image in the window, make sure you copy over the http the new http. Do you know what I mean?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved