The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 111 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#80226 - 11/20/05 06:59 PM Geraldo Rivera Show
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
http://www.sbsun.com/news/ci_3220741

The above link will explain the topic I'll be discussing with Geraldo. Unbelievable story but to those of us who have been abused, not that strange. Just strange dynamics in this type of relationship.

#80227 - 11/20/05 10:36 PM Re: Geraldo Rivera Show
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Seems strange she doesn't want anything to do with the parents, then on the other hand she is willing to forgive all for the son.
Sounds as if, she needs strong informative counseling.

Would just like to thank-you for stepping forward to educate, inform and share your experience and knowledge with others.

May God bless you in your endeavors.

#80228 - 11/21/05 12:10 AM Re: Geraldo Rivera Show
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Thank you, Brenda. Appreciate your kind words.

When I sent the link to my editor she said, "I'm going to assume she was shot in the head!" She is also a survivor so deep down she understands.

#80229 - 11/21/05 04:54 AM Re: Geraldo Rivera Show
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Maybe I'm not seeing something here but after hearing about then reading the above article Dianne let me ask you this, do you think maybe she is just looking for attention? He was sentenced to 20 years so whats this crap about marrying the moron? Seems to me she's trying to make the most of her 15 minutes of fame. Book deal anyone? [Confused]

#80230 - 11/21/05 08:23 AM Re: Geraldo Rivera Show
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
What? Where is page one of this topic? Where is the part about Geraldo, for one thing, like when will it air, and when did you announce you will be on Geraldo? How did I miss that? For another thing, has anyone heard of the Stokholm syndrome, where victims fall in love with their abductors? This victim is in deep denial! She says, "before this happened to us." This didn't just "happen!" like a meteor falling from the sky at random. This man had a gun in his hands after consciously choosing to do drugs and alcohol and he consciously aimed that gun at her groin (or perhaps he was really aiming at her chest and was too drunk to aim correctly) and he pulled the trigger and SHOT her and then WITHHELD medical treatment to save his sorry butt....OMG can I ever go on a rant with this!

#80231 - 11/21/05 08:29 AM Re: Geraldo Rivera Show
Princess Lenora Offline

Does anyone have a dictionary handy? Mine is packed. Moving to a real house in 10 days. In the above referenced article the writer says "pleaded" guilty. Whatever happened to "pled" guilty. What is proper English? Please advise. Thanks!

#80232 - 11/21/05 10:34 PM Re: Geraldo Rivera Show
Princess Lenora Offline

Geraldo does not air in my area but once Dianne gets word that it is archived it can be viewed via internet.

#80233 - 11/21/05 11:56 PM Re: Geraldo Rivera Show
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I feel the interview went very smoothly. He was very nice and polite to me. The film crew at Fox gave me a thumbs up and great job so I'll take that as a good sign.

This is pretty much what I told Geraldo. The woman crossed the line from what she thought was love to obsessive thinking. If she can get it right, he won't have to beat her. She's trying to prove to him and herself that she doesn't deserve to be abused and it's not all that uncommon. What makes this case bizarre to the public is holding her hostage for six days and then, her marrying him.

I also told him I could guarantee that she sees him as the victim now, not her because of her actions of not being able to help him in his time of need. He's now her rescuer, not the man who tried to kill her because she looked at him trying to save her, in the house, and victims always minimize the abuse and focus on the good things so they won't have to change their lives and that's the one thing victims are afraid of, more than the abuser, is change.

That's it in a nutshell.

Chatty, I think this woman is so confused and sick emotionally, she doesn't feel she deserves any credit but there will probably be a Lifetime movie on it soon. She's just trying to prove something to the abuser.

I also told Geraldo that this guy was getting off easy because he didn't have to face her every day and go through the honeymoon phase of the cycle so he was getting off easy. He felt he would abuse her again if they were given conjical (sp) visits. I think that might be hard under a guards eyes but I told him if the guy even got those kind of visits it would probably not happen.

Lynnie, I'm not sure about the correct usage of pled or pleaded. Just like...the child went missing. What happened to the child is missing?

It will be on tonight in my area. Thanks for letting me know I can see it on the site. And I wanted to thank all of you for your good wishes and support.

#80234 - 11/22/05 12:33 AM Re: Geraldo Rivera Show
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I replied to the other post first.
Dianne, I look forward to watching. What is the name of the show in particular?
I know this must drain you emotionally sometimes. How are YOU doing?
If you can change one woman's (or abuser's) mind,it is worth it.
chick

#80235 - 11/22/05 02:40 AM Re: Geraldo Rivera Show
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, is this somethng that is being aired across the nation? I'd love to see you in action.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved