The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 135 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#52519 - 03/16/06 09:04 AM First time Nana and loveing it
time on my hands Offline

Loc: New Zealand
I have a beautiful little granddaughter, Briar Jayde. born the 10th of November, she was a little earlyand was in I.C.U for eight days, but is now well and has put on heaps of weight, now has dimples instead of wrinkles,she is extra special, as my daughter was told after many test that she could not have children and was booked in for I.V.F but thankfully this didn;t happen.
I love being a Nana, They have just gone back to there own home after staying with me for a week, so feel ing a bit lost right now

#52520 - 03/16/06 04:46 PM Re: First time Nana and loveing it
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Oh Nana, first welcome and second, I hear you. Mine are far away and although I speak to them every day...it's just not the same. How far do yours life from you. Mine is a plane flight. Hang tight in the forums here and talk about it. We'll help get you through it so you don't have as much time on your hands.
Hanging with you.
chick

#52521 - 03/16/06 07:51 PM Re: First time Nana and loveing it
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Welcome time on my hands,
Congratulations on the grandbaby!
You'll need a lot of time getting through all of the posts at this forum. The women here are all so wonderful and interesting. Glad you found us!

#52522 - 03/17/06 08:31 AM Re: First time Nana and loveing it
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Welcome time on my hands,

I have 13 and I love them to pieces. 2 in Germany, 2 in San Diego and the rest within an hour of driving. The ones that are closest, only 15 minutes away take turns spending the night with me once a week.

Sherri

#52523 - 03/17/06 01:17 AM Re: First time Nana and loveing it
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
TOMH, congrats to you and especially your daughter. After going through four years of infertility myself, I can hear her rejoing with the good news! When you believe you may never mother, then learn you can, your life changes! Oh happy day.

#52524 - 03/17/06 03:08 AM Re: First time Nana and loveing it
time on my hands Offline

Hello, Thankyou all, First sorry if my post mislead you Chickadee, my grandaughter
is only an hour away from, but I am so in love with her, that it seems to far, I have to control myself and not swamp my daughter with to many visits, try to keep it to once [or maybe twice] a week.
Also have to remember I have other members in my family,so far I think only of cuddling this precious wee bundle who gives me big beaming smiles, but I will get back to them [or not] after all they are big growen ups, that dont always have a smile for me.
And Dotsie you are exactly right in what you say,my daughter and I have spilled many a tear together,

#52525 - 03/17/06 05:07 AM Re: First time Nana and loveing it
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Enjoy them while babies because they seem to grow up in the blink of an eye. My youngest grandson is now 15 and pats me on the head and calls me Shorty!!! [Big Grin]

[ March 16, 2006, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#52526 - 03/19/06 07:48 PM Re: First time Nana and loveing it
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
time, I am glad they are only an hour away. My daughter is visiting in July and I may go back to Canada with her for a few days.
How tall is your grandson Chatty?
chick

#52527 - 03/21/06 12:58 AM Re: First time Nana and loveing it
time on my hands Offline

Hi Chickadee
Nice that your daughter is going to visit, and hope you do get to go back to Canada with her, I am going to stay with my daughter tonight for a couple of days, I have buterflies in my tummy already thinking about it, My Grandchild is a girl Briar, and don't know how tall she is she was only 18 inches when born [but she was prem]
but my daughters only make 5ft so don't think she will grow up to be a basket ball player.

#52528 - 03/22/06 11:12 AM Re: First time Nana and loveing it
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Congratulations TOMH...You are so lucky...I am dying to be a grandmother...but for now I live vicariously through all of my sisters on BWS..it's so nice that you are staying with your daughter and granddaughter for a few days...it will give you some time to bond with Briar..(such a beautiful name)...my own Dear Mother used to come and stay with me for a week or so after my babies were born...she would get up with the baby at night and let me sleep and just kind of help me find a little routine...my kids all worshipped the ground she walked on...and she swears it was those early nights of bonding with them that gave her such a special place in their hearts...I am anxious to do that with my own Granbabies when the time arrives...Enjoy these days and I'll be anxious to hear all of the details when you get back...I envy you getting to kiss that soft little head..think of all of the fabulous days with her you have in her future.. [Smile] Enjoy!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved